HELP! Devistated!
noproblem67

I really need help. Smiley Sad I have had Verizon for a long time, 7plus years, and have pretty much always had great service. But This is what happened that may change EVERYTHING! My mom passed away last May, I knew she was sick, and had several messages she had sent me, that were cute, or just sweet. I saved them, and would listen to them just cause they made me smile. when she passed away, I was SO Happy that I had saved them, just to hear her voice again some times.... I had two phones at the time, along with my son and husband having lines. But my son who had his birthday, wanted the IPHONE. Since his contract was up, as was mine, we went into the Verizon store, to see what we could do, obviously, we could renew them both and get new phones, but I really only needed one phone, so we ended the service for my sons phone, and renewed my contract,and changed the number. BUT BEFORE ALL THIS, I told them, about the voice mails from my mom I had saved, and how that is why even though my contract was up, I had continued to pay, because of her voice mails. The rep at the store, told me they could save them to my blackberry, and I would have visual mail and be able to see, and hear the messages from my mom on my business phone. They promised that it was ok, and they would be there. I was having a day, and just really wanted to hear my moms voice, and went to go to visual voice mail, and I dont have it, I needed to down load it, and my messages from my mom are GONE... I AM DEVASTATED !!!! Can anyone help me, or make any suggestions... That was the thing that I had of my mom, that meant so much, just to hear her voice...  : O(...

M

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! Devistated!
Wildman
Legend

I am sorry to hear of your lost...  I think the rep should have made it clear that you could have transferred the message to a email or saved it to you SD Card using the VVM application....

Have you checked the SD Card for a folder called Voicemail because the VVM files should have been saved to the SD Card whenever you played the message?  I would check card first because if the file isn't there then you may be out of luck to get the file restore.   Another thing to try is call CS if they log and save VVM data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am truly sorry for your loss. I can definitely understand why those voicemail messages must have been very dear to you. We encourage our sales representatives to fully disclose pertinent information such as the voicemail transition to an iPhone. Additionally, the iPhone itself will display a specific warning message advising you that voicemails will be erased before you can proceed with activation. I apologize you will not be able to retrieve the deleted messages.

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
noproblem67

Jonathan~

He did something to my phone, and Supposedly saved them on a chip or something and I should of been able to listen to them with visual voice mail. I TOLD HIM SPECIFICALLY That if they can Not be transferred or saved to my other phone, I did NOT want to cancel my contract, and loose my messages from my mom. He Promised that it COULD be done, and reassure me. I feel that I was Miss lead to get a sale, and now my messages are gone, I feel someone should be responsible for this... She is Gone, and That is ALL I had of my mom..... :O(

-

jonathank_vzw <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

jonathank_vzw created the discussion

"Re: HELP! Devistated!"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/778973#778973

>

0 Likes