Group Text reply only to sender
porterx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the Verizon Message+ app. It's a great app. I have created a group text. I saw where I could have recipients only reply to sender button but now I can't find it. Can you please tell me how to setup a group text that recipient replies only come to the sender? Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group Text reply only to sender
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the group text.  Press and release the bar at the top that shows the recipients, and you should see the option.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the group text.  Press and release the bar at the top that shows the recipients, and you should see the option.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
krisq1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It didn't work for me and I am having the same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that your group text messages are functioning correctly is definitely important. When you attempt to send your group message you should see a toggle bar that will allow you to change the reply option from all to "Just Me". This will be the option you want to select in order to be able to set the replies to only go to the sender. Please give this a try, and let me know if this fixed the issue for you? AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • There used to be a toggle to switch back and forth to change the reply option from all to just me. But that option is no longer there. What happened? Will this option return? 
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. Alternatively, if you long press a message within the thread, a menu will pop up. The option at the bottom of said menu will be "Reply to Sender." Please let us know if this works for you! MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I meant that if I send a group message, I want the replies to come to just me. There used to be a toggle that I could switch to have replies come to just me instead of in the group message thread, but that toggle has disappeared after a recent update. 

Tracey2656
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and a "toggle switch" does not appear when I press on the group text recipients. Please give a more detailed answer. I use group texts frequently for family medical updates, and recipient's in general do not like recieving a slew of messages that are really not intended for them. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we are on the same page as you. You would like the replies from the other users in the group message, to come to you individually? CourtneyM_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tracey2656 We want to make sure the information we provide is accurate for you. What message app are you using? What end result are you attempting to happen? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes