Group Messages showing "Downloading"
purpleclouds1

Using a galaxy s9 and in group chats with iphone users after a while my messages will not send and their messages will not come through to me. They show as "download" instead but nothing happens. This has been happening for a year. I switched back to an old iphone 6 and had no issues. Factory reset, cleared cache, etc. on my galaxy and tried to switch back...issues started again within 1 hour. Ridiculous. I just paid this phone off and now I can't even use it because it won't function properly. Went to Verizon store and was told I just needed to upgrade because they couldn't resolve the issue...as if I want to spend another $700 on a phone that will just fail to properly operate

0 Likes
Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry you are having issues with group messaging problems with your Samsung Galaxy S9, purpleclouds1. Let's look more closely at the problem a year is a long time for having this issue. I appreciate you sharing all the steps you've tried to fix the problem without any resolution. Were you trying to use iMessage for your group chat on your Samsung Galaxy S9? Did you get any error messages? Have you tried using Verizon Messages plus on your Samsung Galaxy S9? Here's a link to help you further with more details https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-android/ . Please share more details so we can look into your concerns and find a resolution. 

Thanks,

EdwinW and follow us/DM us on Twitter VZWsupport

0 Likes
purpleclouds1

I seemed to have found a solution after searching outside of Verizon for assistance.

I switched to the textra app and switch DNS in settings to private. I have not had an issue since doing this in a week, even in group chats with iPhone users.

Still very disappointed the only solutions given to me by Verizon over the past year were useless or advice to "just get a new phone" after already spending $700 on this phone less than 2 years ago. I would have thought verizon would be more capable of resolving issues like this but instead I had to go through other online message boards to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Providing customers with the best solutions is important to provide a good experience. We regret reading that you were unable to get the support that you needed. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future, we will always do everything possible to assist.

0 Likes
transplantwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to delete very large text files. I had the auto delete / archive turned off. Once I deleted (saved first for reference) those huge files, problem solved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello transplantwest, 

Thank you for sharing your results. We're happy that you were able to get it resolved. Have a great day.

0 Likes