Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"
kckay
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not isolated to iPhone senders. My wife and daughter use a Note 8 and Moto X, I use a Galaxy 8. When in a group chat, my phone is delayed with "Donwloading....."

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming that this is not an isolated issue, kckay. Did this start after a recent app update? Does the issue persist when there is not an active group chat present? Also, does the problem continue if you uninstall the latest update to this app in the application manager of your phone? JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
behnkejh

So glad to see that I'm not alone in this, but would love to see a way to fix the problem. I have a Note 8. Happens with group texts from iPhones or Android phones. Cache is clear, plenty of storage available. It is very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand the significant role Group Messages play in day-to-day life, and it would be difficult to be happy with anything that's not working.

Let's kick up the troubleshooting by completing these steps.
Swipe up or down to view Apps.
Touch Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > Tap the word Verizon Internet > Tap the Menu icon in the corner and select Discard or Reset.
After that, restart your device, and share your results.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
scotland_yard

The solution that worked for me was simply to turn off wi-fi and restart.  Individual "downloading" messages vanished and the video attachment appeared in the group conversation.  This was suggested by VZ support several posts earlier. 

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi... my wife and I are having similar issues, mostly with group texts but occasionally with single texts. No network changes and no new software, except for system updates. She has a Note 5 and I have a Note 8. Both of us are using the stock Android messaging app (not Message+).  The following is displayed on nearly all group messages. They are recieved both from Apple and Android devices.

SmartSelect_20190924-093825_Messages.jpg

I have tried the following without success:

• Reset the messaging app by Force Stop, then Clear Cache, then Clear Data, then restart device.

• Discard the Data Access Point "Verizon Internet", then restart device.

• Cleared the system cache by holding Bixby, Vol Up, and Power button, then choose clear cache, then reboot device.

• Shut off cellular data and rebooted with only wifi running.

• Shut off wifi and rebooted with only cellular data running.

There is a small icon above my strength bars that indicate a network extender, which my neighbor has, but my settings show I am not connected to it.

SmartSelect_20190911-155837_One UI Home.jpg

This has become very problematic and is causing us both issues with our connections to clients and associates. We must have a resolution to this, apparently widespread issue, if we are to continue with our long term Verizon relationship.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device efficiently is important, and we are here to assist you. How long has this been going on? Also, is your devices software fully up to date? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been happening for about 6 weeks. Both devices have the latest system updates.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely too long to have an issue. We want to ensure we are taking the proper steps to get this resolved. Is the issue only happening in one specific location or does it happen anywhere you are? Do the messages eventually download or does that downloading message continue to display? What happens when you try to send a message in the group?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems to only happen at home. I think it has something to do with the Network Extender icon above my signal bars (shown in image in previous post). My neighbor installed one about the same time we started having issues. We both have this icon when in our home because it is close enough to the neighbor across the street, but if we go on to the back deck we usually can send and receive without issue. Although my device shows that I am not connected to an extender, I think because it is in range it may be causing the problem?

0 Likes