Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"

Hi Andrew,

Location doesn't seem to matter.  It seems to be only when the group message originates from an iPhone.  And it happens on cell signal not just on wifi.
0 Likes
dave_h1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening on my phone since the latest Android update a few days ago.  The messages I don't get are from a friend who is using an iPhone and iMac and my ex who uses an iPhone.  Some of their messages appear just fine, then one will fail to download.  The only way I get them to download is to reboot the phone.  It terrible rebooting several times a day!

dave_h1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add that there could have been a Message+ update but I'm not sure.  I just know that it wasn't happening before the system update.  My Message+ version is 6.8.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those restarts I agree are bothersome, and keeping you connected with the latest group messages is vital. Does the basic messaging app work? Here’s where that can be updated and tried:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

Another suggestion to keep Verizon Messages consistent is to reset the app. No messages will be lost when following these steps:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211228/ 

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
TinaG08
Enthusiast - Level 1

That knowledge base link doesn't work, there is no information there. I have tried making sure all the required permissions are right, researched many trouble shooting tips. NOTHING is working.

I have been having the problem ONLY since the new OS update rolled out. I have had the same group message with 7 other people from work and again, this worked fine UNTIL the recent OS update about a week or so ago. Now when anyone sends a message, it shows up with a gray "download" tab in their individual text thread. And I will have multiple of them till I open the Message + app and initiate the download. Then I will get ALL the messages blowing up my phone at once. I am missing important information from work with this issue.

Most of them, if not all are iphone users. I am using a Note 8.

Llander45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. Since the last software upgrade my message + has not worked right. All the group messages have needed downloading. I had 16 downloads today from 1 group chat. Is there a way to roll back the software update or fix this issue?? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the frustrations of having issues with group messaging TinaG08. We never want this issue to affect your work and want to get this fixed for you. Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? I also recommend resetting the network settings on your phone. Here is a link with the steps https://vz.to/2yksgCZ . We also need to check the internal storage on your device. Please let us know how much storage you have on your phone by clicking Settings > Device Care >Storage >View the available space. We recommend removing data you don't need including pictures, text threads and any apps that you don't use or may be problematic. 

Let me know If the steps above are helpful with your issue. 

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your Message+ app since the update, Llander45. Let's take a closer look into what's going on with your messages. What is the make and model of your phone? Does this happen while on Wi-Fi and cellular data? Do you have any trouble using data on the phone?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
kebtmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same issue and it is very frustrating.  I have used the basic messaging app and the messaging+ app and it is happening on both.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience that we want for you when using your text messages! We'd love to dig deeper into this problem, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. When did this issue start? Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our network when this issue happens?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes