Galaxy S7 Unable to Activate Messages+ Service
pleeseemailme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Howdy,

I have Galaxy S7 that used to be a company phone. They bought us all iPhones to replace the android phone and gave us the option to keep the Galaxy phones. I kept mine to use as a mini-tablet of sorts that won't have cell service (because my number got moved to the iPhone) but the Wi-Fi still works. However, I am now unable to activate my Messages+ app on this new mini-tablet. When I log in to the app, it shows me my phone number on the 'get started' page. Last night when I clicked 'Next' it sent a text to my iPhone with a code to enter on my Android phone to activate service. However, my Android never asked me to enter a code for activation. So nothing happens.

Now, today, Messages+ isn't even sending codes to my iPhone anymore. No matter how many times I select "Activate Account' on the Android phone, service is not activated. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Unable to Activate Messages+ Service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application recognizes that you are trying to set it up on a phone even though it isn't an active phone. Which means you can't set up Verizon Messages+ application on a second phone to sync from the primary phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pleeseemailme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply. So then what do I need to do to get the app on my Android to work? It worked for a few days after the company switch until I removed the sim card when I had to get the SD card out as well (on an S7 you have to remove both in order to remove one).

Is there something I can do to get the app to recognize my Android as my main device - because that's how I want it anyway. I don't hardly use texting on my company phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the reason for trying to establish Verizon Messages services on the S7, pleeseemailme . In short, the service will not work unless the S7 is activated on a line of service. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

Question 3 has additional information about the service requirements. Without an active number, you can though use the “Verizon Messages With Integrated Messaging Service” website in step one here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes