Galaxy S4 sending blank text messages
JonO121968

I have a Galaxy S4 thats been having an issue sending text messages to an LG Revere 2. Normally I send a text & it's fine,but 2-3 times a month I'll send a message & all they'll receive is a subject line of FWD: and a blank body. Sometimes it'll be random letters & number & if I send a message with a picture they'll still get a subject line of FWD: but no picture or text. Once it starts acting like that all texts I send to them have the same problem. If I wait 2-3 hrs then everything I send goes through no problem.  I live in California & the owner of the other phone lives in Colorado. I don't have any problems with anyone else.

I just updated the phone to the newest version of Android (5.0.1) & I'm still having the same problem. Hardware version is 1545.06,Kernel is 3.4.0 . Not sure what else to provide.

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S4 sending blank text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for sharing all those details, JonO121968. We want to see all your text going through successfully! With no one else reporting that trouble to you, it does point toward the Revere line. The Revere is a basic phone and does have a bit more limited access to the messaging capabilities and special characters your phone offers. A message with special characters, graphics, video, and even some pictures will not be able to be seen properly on the Revere device due to that limitation. They may continue to see those same random messages at first due to the phone continuing to attempt the download of the incompatible information. Does the Revere user notice a similar problem with any other people sending them messages? When you sent them the initial message that has a FWD: (indicating you're attaching a different message to the new message) try sending that person a plain text under 160 characters. If you have a special signature turned on in your phone, you may also find some more luck by turning the signature off.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 sending blank text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for sharing all those details, JonO121968. We want to see all your text going through successfully! With no one else reporting that trouble to you, it does point toward the Revere line. The Revere is a basic phone and does have a bit more limited access to the messaging capabilities and special characters your phone offers. A message with special characters, graphics, video, and even some pictures will not be able to be seen properly on the Revere device due to that limitation. They may continue to see those same random messages at first due to the phone continuing to attempt the download of the incompatible information. Does the Revere user notice a similar problem with any other people sending them messages? When you sent them the initial message that has a FWD: (indicating you're attaching a different message to the new message) try sending that person a plain text under 160 characters. If you have a special signature turned on in your phone, you may also find some more luck by turning the signature off.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes