Friends are receiving multiple duplicate messages
SonorousGiraffe

After switching to Verizon from AT&T, my friends are reporting that when I send a text message, they will receive the same message two to four times in a row.  Sometimes a message will continue to repeat itself after x minutes.

I know it is not the phone because I first had a Droid Razr and then switched to the HTC Trophy.  The problem occurs on both phone.

I just got the Trophy today and straight out of the box, after activation my friends reported receiving multiple messages again. 

I'm using the native text messaging app and have powered the phone off several times.  But again, since it happened with the Droid, it doesn't seem like it would be a phone issue. 

Any thoughts of this would be great.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Friends are receiving multiple duplicate messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your location an area of weak connection to the network? Or perhaps theirs?

Sounds like the network is not recognizing that the message is not getting delivered to the phone so it keeps attempting to send it until it gets an acknowledgement of delivery. Not sure if that is an issue that would be on your side or theirs.

Try reprogramming the phone to the Verizon Wireless network. Dial *228, option 1.

Your friends should try that as well if they have a 3G CDMA only phone. 4G LTE devices don't use that dial code to reconnect to the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NATRAPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue as well.  I have a Droid RAZR and have 4 3G bars (not roaming).  Regardless of who I text (someone with another 4G phone on Verizon, an iPhone, an Android phone on Sprint), I am consistently having the same problem.  I tried disabling my WiFi in case there was a data issue but the same thing happened.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi SonorousGiraffe & NATRAPS!

I see how the duplicate text message problem can become aggravating.  I would like to assist with resolving.

First, thanks to Ann154 for the great feedback & suggestion!

There may be some resetting on the account we would need to do in order to resolve the duplicate text message issue.  If you are still experiencing this, please reach out to me directly so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes