Re: Fix for crashing message +
ptw-lg-user

After I uninstall the updates from play store, start the device like if it was the first time but it did retain all your messages and most of the settings I think and I reboot the phone and it works again, after reboot, I give it a try by updating the message + app to the latest and reboot, after reboot, every thing was back the way it was before (working), not sure if this will stick or will it start crashing again.

0 Likes
SLD82309

I don't have that option on my Google Pixel XL either

0 Likes
nlbrenner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't reboot the phone, apparently it wasn't necessary

0 Likes
Tamas6349
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone who isn't able to just uninstall updates uninstall the entire app and not lose messages? 

0 Likes
mtrsports
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info and help. 

0 Likes
SSeifert

I feel that this shouldn't have to happen just to be able to use this app. I use it all day for work and out of the blue it just stopped working properly and crashed everytime I attempted to open it. The update hadn't even been done yet.

I understand there are glitches and errors in technology and programming. But in researching fixes, it seems that this has been an issue for a lot of people.

Thank you for positng this solution to the problem as this did solve my issue. I greatly appreciate it and hope that others see it as well. I also hope that Verizon fixes the issue on their end so that we hopefully don't run into the same problem again 🙂

0 Likes
Bjtutolo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  Worked on my galaxy S8+

0 Likes
lekaye1

When I click the uninstall button it does not give any option other than uninstall the app - nothing about uninstalling updates. If I uninstall the app and reinstall, will all my messages be gone?

0 Likes
the1andonlysandman

I have a Pixel 3. I was able to get it working again by clearing the cache first. Then, uninstalling the app, and reinstalling. After going through the permissions and setup,  all messages were restored.

0 Likes
RadaanGorum
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a solution, this is a work around. A solution would be a patch to fix whatever they broke with their most recent update. This may work for awhile and thank you for the tip, but the developers need to fix their application.