Facebook status updates/messages?
bbaker

I'm a bit confused about facebook updates and messages. I hope someone can help me. I use the facebook application that I downloaded for my phone. What I am wondering is: when I comment on someone's status, or update my own facebook status, is this counted as a text message against my 200 message allowance plan? I also have facebook messenger which alerts me if someone has sent me a message on facebook. Does this count as a text message against my plan? I am asking because my most recent bill states that I had over 400 text messages - my phone is off all day as I am unable to get a signal at work. I use it on evenings and weekends and sincerely doubt that I sent or received 400 messages via "normal" texting. Anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook status updates/messages?
Not applicable

Hi Becky Baker:

I can provide some info about your Facebook question. You can update your status via text message (actually text Facebook). Unless you updated your Facebook status by sending a text message, you are not charged for text messages. I assume you are using your web browser to browse through Facebook which does not incur any text messaging charges.

If you'd like to see your text messaging details, you can go to www.verizonwireless.comand sign in as the account holder. Click on view usage> view usage details to see the numbers texted to and from. 

I hope that answers your question.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Facebook status updates/messages?
xxdaminalsxx

Hi, I have a different question that is somewhat related. For some reason I can't send or receive messages from Facebook. I try to send a text message to someone on Facebook and seconds later I get an automatic message saying "Sorry, this message could not be processed on this short code". It had never done this before and it happened while I was at school. It was during school that it happened. A few minutes ago, I was able to send and receive messages just fine, then after that I stopped receiving updates and couldn't send messages. Does this have something to do with Facebook or is it Verizon or do I get my phone looked at? Please, tell me what's wrong and how to fix this. That's the only way I can talk to my girlfriend while at school.

0 Likes