Email to text not working for Verizon customers
NuImage

I run a weight loss system and we have an online system that sends out daily reminders to our customers and some choose to receive text messages. Our system sends out an email to the mobile number @vzwpix.com to send it as email to text. This works for every other carrier in our system however any of our customers that have verizon service do not receive their reminders. I can confirm that they are going out and I can confirm that the number email address is formatted correctly however there is no explanation for why the emails arent going to them via text. We would very much like to be able to resolve this issue as it is only happening to our customers that have Verizon service. Please let me know if there is a blacklist or a reason that our messages would not be getting received by all of our customers that have Verizon wireless service. Thanks so much

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email to text not working for Verizon customers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NuImage, that is very concerning that your Verizon customers are having issues receiving your reminders. I want to look closer into this. Have they ever been able to receive your reminders? Are you getting some kind of error message when you attempt to send the reminders? If so please provide the message you receive.Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
schiavonir

I have been having this same issue for weeks.  It was reliable for 2+ years, and now it's sporadic.  Sometimes the emails go right through to the phone, sometimes, it takes hours or days, and other times, the phone never receives the message.  I am using <mobile number>@vtext.com.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need to have sending messages through email. We are here to help. 

Since you started having that issue using vtext.com, have you tried using vzwpix.com ? Depending on the email provided one of the other format may not be compatible. 

Steven_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nuimagedesign

I have tried using vzwpix.com as well and it doesnt work. In regard to your questions above (I apologize for the late reply, I was unable to access my verizon community account here and resetting the password kept sending me an email saying Your user account is controlled by an external system such as LDAP.  Please contact your administrator.) Anyway, in regard to your questions above yes we have tried vzwpix.com that doesnt work either. Also, yes it used to work and then a few months ago it simply stopped sending to verizon customers and none of them get through.No response message is received from your system and yes our system is working fine because as I said every other cellular carrier can receive the messages it is only Verizon customers. Please advise if there is a problem with using php email to text message. We are utilizing a regular email address as the from address and sending basic header information its not an HTML message or anything like that and the character count is small under 120 characters. Please advise if you can. Thanks so much

0 Likes
tstm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe Verizon stopped supporting bulk email to sms a couple of years ago. It was working fine until it stopped to work. This is really a pain for legitimate users to broadcast messages. They require you to use some enterprise edition which can be costly. I guess the only way to persuade them to change the policy is to ask your users to change providers :-).

0 Likes
tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this thread while looking for a solution to a very similar problem.  I need to send a photo from email TO my phone.   I have been a Verizon customer for many years and I was always able to do this before, but not now...

number@vtext.com works for plain text emails but not with a picture

number@vzwpix.com used to work - it does not work now

lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want you to enjoy all of the features your phone has to offer. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which make and model phone do you have? What type of email account is this? When going to your email do you select the actual image and then Share? If so, exactly how are you entering your phone number when trying to forward the message?

LorenB_VZW    

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are unaware of this issue, tomcu18 - have we begun any troubleshooting steps with you to fix this yet? 

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
anon_2468

I was just told by a chat rep that this service has been "retired." What's the actual truth on this?

0 Likes