Re: Double notifications on Verizon Message+
ben05rs

Did we ever find a resolution for this? I'm encountering the same problem.

In addition, when I open text conversations it opens to random dates months and months back. Texts sent last summer, even. I have to close the app and reopen to get my current messages.

0 Likes
DrDave1958

I just had the same problem with my S7 after the Oreo update. Turns out, the "Messages" app that I assume came with that update was also playing a notification tone with every text message. I turned that off in the settings of that app and the double notification stopped. So basically, it was two different apps notifying me of a new text message.

HTH,

Dave

0 Likes
drums1225

I know this is an old thread, but I just started having the double notifications problem for texts in Message+ on my Galaxy S9. I tried a few things from this thread, to no avail. I noticed the one thing that changed for me since the problem appeared was that I would get "Permission Monitor" notifications constantly, perhaps beginning with the most recent OS update.

I simply opened up the settings for the Permission Monitor, and unchecked Messages+. The problem was immediately solved.

0 Likes
renfest

I just got this via email for Messenger getting double notifications in one message I tried to open it and it won't let me download it at all

https://client.vzmlab.com/vzmand/instabug/VZMessages-7.3.8-51-user-release-signed.apk you qaq2

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes