Disable Sticker Suggestions in Message+
JDinTN

Hi Everyone:

I'm using an S10+, which installed the G975USQU2CSKP update a few days ago. Since that update, sticker suggestions (which were previously disabled) have started popping up again in Message+

I've tried using both the Samsung Keyboard and Gboard, and have turned off all of the settings I can find involving emojis & stickers in both apps, but the suggestions still appear.

Does anyone have a hack to disable the suggestions, or (even better) completely disable stickers?

I use my phone for business, and accidentally sending a sticker in a message would look very unprofessional. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Disable Sticker Suggestions in Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JDinTN,

We want you to remain as professional as possible when messaging. What happens when you utilize the following path: Messages + app > Menu (lines in upper left) > Settings > Notifications > Enable Emoji Reactions Notifications > Slide to turn off.

KatiM_VZW

JDinTN

That was already turned off. I tried turning it on, then off again, but am still getting the suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for working with us. There is one more thing we would like for you to try. Please tap the Message+ icon > tap the menu icon (upper-left) > tap auto reply > tap stop

DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
JDinTN

That worked! Auto-reply was turned off, so I did the following:

1. Turn on auto-reply and create message, tap "Start"

2. Close app & restart phone.

3. Open app, follow your directions to turn off auto-reply.

Thank you!

0 Likes
RSPIET
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked for me. Please tell me how to disable Gifting. Why does Verizon force things on people that they don't want to use. Everything should be an option to turn on or off.

0 Likes
ljk1022

I tried both of these suggestions on my S10 and neither worked. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted updating the Software for this Application? -CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Indy619

I was texting a friend in distress and accidentally sent her a picture of penguin friends celebrating so that was enough for me.

The fix seems to work differently on different phones and didn't work on mine so I just switched to the Samsung Messages that was already on my phone.

One thing I don't like about the Samsung app is that the default setting is to automatically delete old messages but this is easy to change.

0 Likes