Desktop Messenger No Longer Has History
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

In desktop messenger, messages now only goes back a couple of weeks and not the few months it used to.  One of the many things that has been quirky different about messenger.  Very frustrating.  But really cool feature and tool.  i called customer service and a very nice lady helped me and she couldn't understand why it was doing what it was doing either and turned in a ticket to your technicians.  Well, after several text updates that they are working on it, a final text that it was closed.  Not resolved but closed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Desktop Messenger No Longer Has History
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

This website is sooooooooooooo horrible [removed] !!  OMG  I can't believe it.  This is Verizon for goodness sakes omg!!

This is my question below.  My post above will not allow me to edit or mark "unanswered".

In desktop messenger, messages now only go back a week or so and not the few months it used to.  One of the many things that has been quirky different about messenger.  Very frustrating.  But really cool feature and tool.  i called customer service and a very nice lady helped me and she couldn't understand why it was doing what it was doing either and turned in a ticket to your technicians.  Well, after several text updates over several days that they are working on it, a final text that it was closed.  When I called back, it was as if I never called before.   The issue was closed but not resolved and it's even worse now.  When I first reported the problem, the text history online went back to May 1st.  Now it only goes back to May 26th.  On my call back, I was told to set up verizon cloud.  I did.  And still no change in the desktop history.  I was supposed to have been transferred to the technical people that dealt with my ticket but instead, I was hung up on lol.. i don't think it was on purpose (hope not) but if it wasn't, they did not call me back.  What a mess of a CS situation.

So my question is, what happened to messenger history that went back 60-90 days?!  And what a sad sad CS experience to have had been on the phone so long, have a ticket written up and gone thru so much and NOTHING?

I use a Motorola Turbo2.  I'm on Android 7.0.

And this is an unanswered question.  I cannot find the button to take it back to "unanswered".

Thanks

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaaade, I understand that having the messages+ desktop app not work properly can be inconvenient. I use the program every day and want to do all I can to get it back up and running normally for you. I've sent a private message to your inbox. When you have a chance please take a look and reply. I look forward to working with you soon.

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Lasinda.  so sorry.  I've been extremely busy and have been unable to respond till now.  My messenger finally properly loaded but still has a few days of history now.  it doesn't even go any further than a couple of days. 

I guess I'll wait until the technicians figure it out and hopefully they will. 

0 Likes
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

ant thanks again for all your hard work in trying to get this resolved.  i really appreciate it.

0 Likes