Desktop Message App "Verizon Messages" No longer receives messages but can send
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

As of yesterday morning, my Desktop Message App will no longer receive messages but can send. I have it installed on five different computers and all have teh same issue. There are also different firewalls on the other computers (work, home, laptop,  2 Windows tablets).

The last messages received were around 6am yesterday (Arizona Time).

Otherwise nil.

I can send without any issue though.

I called Verizon Wireless. Uh, no luck.

Thoughts

0 Likes
Re: Desktop Message App "Verizon Messages" No longer receives messages but can send
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, I forgot to add that I already uninstalled and installed again on my desktop at home.

0 Likes
Re: Desktop Message App "Verizon Messages" No longer receives messages but can send
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Letti001, your messages are important no matter how you wish to receive them. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which make and model phone do you have? Is the phone connected to Wi-Fi? As you indicated this happens on several computers, which operating system do these devices use?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are you not aware of the multiple threads reporting this issue for the last few weeks?  Can't someone get an UPDATE from the Verizon Messaging Team regarding their investigation, troubleshooting and resolution of the sync'ing issues with the Desktop Message+ app?  Escalate and Help, PLEASE!!!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
harryverdici
Enthusiast - Level 3

Conspiracy theory: Verizon is seeing how many complaints and then deciding wheter to start charging for it????????

0 Likes
harryverdici
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know why you keep asking people what type of phone they have, is your computer up to date??? It's too wide spread. Whatever system is used to simultaneously send message over cellular network and internet isn't working.

harryverdici
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got a message from Verizon on my cellphone ,nothing on either computers?????????

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Ok.  Let's try this to get some movement on getting this issue resolved.  Everybody experiencing this issue:

1. Call Customer Care: 800-922-0204

2. Ask for Tech Support

3. Ask them to open case/ticket for "Integrated Messaging Message+ sync issues on desktop app"

If enough of us call in and open cases/tickets maybe we'll hear something that is being done or at least identified as a 'known issue'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

It seems that I am part of the "kicking the can down the road" process.

The App does not work. 

I reported this issue now that there are no names on my work computer except for one name. Why does one name show up and all the rest are numbers? No sense.

My computer at home has all the names. 

Funny how version 1 worked very well.

I have called customer support and the person just does not understand what I am asking. It is a circular discussion. No end.

I will try calling again.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes