Re: Delayed Texts Are Still a Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Smudgetool,

I apologize for any sad feelings and the issues you were having with the delays with using the Verizon Messaging App. It's important to have the best messaging service and I am here to help. Are you still having issues with the Messaging App? Have you tried power cycling your device to see if the Verizon Messaging App works without delays? 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
taggart_2

I have had the same issue but I got on the phone with support and this is what happened...
- I would get texts once a day and all at once
- I explained it was everywhere, I was all over town and nothing came through all day
- Problem! my phone from activation was on a 3rd party tower and not a verizon tower
- Solution: 1) I shut off the phone, 2)pulled the sim 3)they reset my phone to their tower 4) I reset my phone network connection [settings/gerneral management/reset/reset network setting]

-after putting the card back in and powering on everything worked likedy split.

So have an extra phon you can call from or setup a google voice phone on your computer  (have to have a mic&speakers on pc) because you have to shut your phone off. 

Try disabing wifi calling and texting if its an option for you but these steps should resolve it for you as its really a network issue not a software issue (most likely) 

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Reggi65

I had this problem and I could not receive or make calls unless I rebooted. Then it fails again. 

What finally worked was turning off HD voice and image. 

Luck!

0 Likes
Physicist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we are, five months after I first reported the problem and delayed texts have become so routine that I don't even report them anymore.  I now use SMS for Web to get my texts in a timely fashion.  What a shame that Verizon text service has become so unreliable!

shortylavender

I have the same problem and have taken to hard restarting my phone to see if I have texts. I use messages from Google.

Like physicist, I've started using messages from Google on my laptop as a workaround. But the other day that was delayed too! Can anyone explain that? I was thinking the messages program on my computer would work independently of my phone...

0 Likes
shortylavender

I want to add that I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10e.  And that it is outrageous that Verizon has not fixed this yet. I've had the problem off and on since September.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on using my messaging constantly, shortylavender, so I fully know how upsetting it can be when things aren’t working properly. You are in a good spot to get some help. I looked through this thread and see some of the suggestions and steps you’ve tried. Let’s get into a bit more detail. Can you confirm the steps you took to do the “hard restarting [your] phone?” When using the messaging just on the phone, what happens? Does using Google’s messaging program from the computer involve a sync with your phone?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Thenatas
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about days

dc321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not get text messages specifically in group texts. When I do, i receive it individually under the person's name rather than in the group text. And I receive a blue download button, not the message. When I click download, sometimes it downloads and automatically takes me to the group chat. Most times it doesn't download, and just keeps loading. This is an on going problem since I got the Google Pixel 4 about 3 weeks ago. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dc321, we want to ensure you can receive your messages in the group as expected. We're here to assist. We just need some additional details. What messaging app are you using (standard Google one or Verizon Message+ or other)? Do you have the Auto-retrieve option for MMS turned on in your Messaging app settings? Do you get the option to Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies (mass text) or Send an MMS reply to all recipients (group text)?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes