Re: Data plans and Get it Now
bmac10

This is just another way for Verizon to make more money. In order to receive the phone you perfer you must have the data package. Not much of a selection in the simple phone catagory.  We are a family that currently has 4 phones on our plan which means we could possibly be charged $40 (extra) per month just so we can send emails (total monthly bill $195).  What for??? Don't need to send emails from our phones, but Verizon feels the need to charge more.  During this economy Verizon should be very ashamed of themselves.  We are under a 2 year contract wth each phone. The last contract doesn't expire until sometme around July 2011. So I guess I have to stay with Verizon even though I don't want to. It's a rip off! 

0 Likes
emetz700

Verizon introduced the $10 data plan requirment with the Samsung Rouge last year. And this January, they forced it upon all decent phones, and they call them "multimedia phones".

It is complete bull hockey.

Try to upgrade your phone or your plan, and your toast. I'm told if you push tech support hard enough, they will remove the requirement. I have 4 lines, and 3 multimedia phones. Should this new fee be imposed on me, I'm taking my business to Sprint where I can get a lot more for the same high price.

0 Likes
Disgusted2

I spoke to a Verizon phone support person concerning the 9.99 data charge and escalated to the highest level of phone support.  According to the supervisor in charge, there isn't any way for them to override the data charge for a new multimedia phone.  I have two multimedia phones I don't pay for the 9.99 data plan charge now.  However, if I want to upgrade 3 phones which are eligible to the same phones I currently have it will cost me another $360 dollars a year !  According to the supervisor, this is based on their research that most people use data and the 9.99 saves them money - yeah right !.  It is just another bad policy by Verizon.  If they were so concerned about customer satisfaction they would obviously give you the option to select it or not.  Basically, it seems that they are driving customers who want multimedia phones but not the data plan to other carriers who don't have the same insane policy or cheaper rates.  Of course, they tell you to select a simple phone instead of multimedia if you aren't using it now but I want the flexibility to use it within the two year period which I wouldn't have if I select a simple phone.  I will just wait the extra 3-4 months when my contract expires and leave Verizon.  It is obvious customer satisfaction isn't a real priority or a policy like this would have never been implemented.  It is specifically to generate additional revenue only despite what they say about their research.  A simple option to choose would address the problem.

Cya later Verizon !!

0 Likes