Contacts not showing up on Messages+ website
MGGregory
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been using Messages+ on the web in a work computer for months. Up until yesterday morning, the names of my contacts showed up in my texting history. Yesterday midmorning, they all changed to phone numbers only and I cannot search for my contacts on the web. The app on my phone is fine (although it did give me phone numbers only for a few minutes last night. I restarted my phone and all has been normal.) I backed up my contacts and messages this morning and opened a new web page for messages plus, but still no contact names.

Labels (1)
Re: Contacts not showing up on Messages+ website
BPNOALARM

The same thing is happening with me. I tried another browser and it's the same. Customer service told me to restart my computer and no change. Anybody??

0 Likes
SHASTA72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue with me.  Any answers??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to see your contact names, MGGregory. I'm here to help. When did this start? What is the make/model of your phone? Were there any recently app updates?

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BPNOALARM

This has been happening to me as well. I don’t have a smart phone so I do a lot of my texting from my computer (Mac, Safari) on the Verizon website.

Suddenly a couple of days ago the Contact Names disappeared and the recent texts are just showing up as Phone Numbers.

Haven’t changed anything. Tried clearing cache, tried another browser, restarted computer, checked settings, and it’s also the same on my Kindle tablet. It works on my phone but I have the LG that slides open and has a keyboard (not a smart phone).

Help! Can't keep track of clients!

0 Likes
BPNOALARM

MINE IS FIXED! I decided to compose a message and typed in my clients name to see if it would recognize it. All of a sudden the whole list went from phone numbers back to contact names. ?? Anyway, it's fixed just like that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BPNOALARM, I know how important it is to make sure you have your messages+ app working properly. At this time I would recommend you seeing if there is a way to update the app on your computer. Once that it done restart the computer one more time and let us know what the results are. What kind of OS are you using? 

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BPNOALARM

MINE IS FIXED! I decided to compose a message and typed in my clients name to see if it would recognize it. All of a sudden the whole list went from phone numbers back to contact names. ?? Anyway, it's fixed just like that.

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just reported another instance of I think the same problem here.

I have not yet tried to reinstall the app. I will do so and report back.

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

After signing up for Cloud, syncing my contacts to Cloud successfully from my Note 9, and reinstalling Verizon Messages app on Windows 10, I still see numbers only and no names in the app. Please advise.

0 Likes