Company can no longer receive SMS from Email (vtext or vzwpix)
Milkboy31

In the past few weeks we have lost the ability for our users (myself included) to get text messages from email servers. We have numerous web servers and email origination points that send alerts or 2FA logins that are not coming through.  I'm stumped. I've tried swapping #@vtext.com to #@vzwpix.com to no avail.

We are blocked from @ourdomain.tv (our normal domain) working via Office365 sending directly do phones as a test.

We are blocked from @seconddomain.com (a support site) working via it's own email daemon sending alerts.

We are blocked from @teamwork.com notifications.

We are blocked from @mailgun.com as a 3rd party sending platform...

All blocked services return "Accepted" on the email traces saying that Verizon accepted the message, but it is never delivered to the end users' phones. There must be some extreme spam filtering going on here. How do we get this corrected??? This is beyond frustrating.

We did a test from gmail and it DOES work. So there is something discriminating against our business messages. Please advise. Who do I need to talk to in order to get this fixed ASAP?

0 Likes
Re: Company can no longer receive SMS from Email (vtext or vzwpix)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's never fun when you get stumped on a process or service that you used prior but now are having extreme difficulties. I know the frustration, Milkboy31, and we appreciate you reaching out and bringing this concern to our attention. When was the last time you successfully received an SMS from an email? Do you have a business account with us?  

0 Likes
Milkboy31

We do have a business account. I have a support ticket open now with tier 2 passing detailed info on to the Network Repair Team. I haven't heard anything in 48 hours on that though. My last text came through on 9/10 but by 9/13 I noticed one hadn't worked and none have since... so something changed in that time frame.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret the inconvneince this has caused you and your co-workers. I am sorry as we are unable to access the Business Account via this channel. It would be bes to contact our Business Support Team at 800-922-0204 to check on the status of the ticket.

0 Likes