Changing the background while in customization. When I try to do this,why does it com up blank?
bacarpenter17

I am trying to change the background picture through customization. It just comes up black and goes back to the messaging screen. Haven't had this issue prior to the last few updates. How do I fix this? Very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing the background while in customization. When I try to do this,why does it com up blank?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Changing the background while in customization. When I try to do this,why does it com up blank?
bacarpenter17

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, bacarpenter17, we understand the importance of changing your background picture, and it saddens me you're having a challenging time completing this process. This is never the way we want our customers to feel, and we're here to help! To better assist, please tell me more. Which screen are you attempting to change the background on? Please ensure your device is updated: http://spr.ly/6582ErEor Does this help?

ChakiaH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bacarpenter17

Hello. Here's how I get to the screen: I open the app and go to the left side under the three lines where it says "customize". I select backgrounds and then the "plus sign" to choose. It brings me to a screen that's supposed to have all of my pictures and albums to choose from, but it is actually just the album titles and no pictures show up. I try to click on an album and it freezes then takes me back to the screen that first pops up when I select customize. My phone is updated the the current version with no updates pending. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well with no success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate the additional details Barcarpenter17. I am sure we will figure this out for you. What application are you using? Are you able to view your pictures in the gallery? What is the make/model of your device? 

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bacarpenter17

Thank you be for your assistance. I am using the version 6.7.11. I can view the photos normally through Google Photos. The only time I have an issue is when I try to change the background within the customization part of the Verizon messaging app. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. I would like you to navigate to Settings > Display > tap Wallpaper > select desired folder > select an image then tap Set Wallpaper. Let me know if you're able to set the picutre of your choice to the backround. 

TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
bacarpenter17

Yes, I am able to change the background or wallpaper on my home screen and lock screen. It's changing the background for the texts within the Verizon Messaging app itself that is the issue. 

0 Likes