Changing Post paid to prepaid lost all voicemail
Tallguy56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I changed my postpaid account to a prepaid and in the process lost all of our voicemails. I did not change anything other than the payment method but in Verizon's internal program they actually cancel one account (post paid) and establish a new one for prepaid.  

I was told there is no way to recover the emails since the original account was deleted by Verizon, but thought I would check the forum to see if anyone had a suggestion as to how to get those back?

0 Likes
Re: Changing Post paid to prepaid lost all voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tallguy56, 

I am so sorry to hear that your voicemails were lost in the process of switching from a postpaid account to a prepaid account. We certainly should have let you know ahead of time, so you could back up any messages that you wanted to save. Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve the voicemails once the account has been switched. I am truly sorry for any difficulty this may have caused you. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
ygao2008
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to me too! And many many other people. How many more people have to suffer from this issue before Verizon come up with a way to properly notify customer of all impacts to their account or offer some automatic backup, and not just rely on a customer service rep to remember to communicate this???

SHAROU7
Enthusiast - Level 1

After having been with Verizon post pay for over 15 years I decided to stop giving them all my money in exchange for nothing but problem after problem. Then after deciding to try prepay before completely changing providers I took the leap. I asked very important questions like what will happen to my cloud, etc,  customer service agent FAILED to advice me that all of my lines would lose EVERYTHING!  What is wrong with people now a days?  People don't care!! All they care about is getting a paycheck. They don't care about giving us the CORRECT information we need before any changes. I thought all I was doing was changing how I paid. Boy was I WRONG!! Advice if anyone reads this. Please backup all your your information because you will lose it all!!! Come on VERIZON, what happened to teaching your employees the information they should be telling us before we have to find out the hard way!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re sincerely sorry that we didn’t notify you about everything that would happen by moving from postpaid to prepaid, SHAROU7. We’d like to discuss this matter further and review the details. Since this will involve us asking for some non-public information, we’ve sent a Private Note to you.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes