Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notificatio
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a reason why you can't purchase an inexpensive phone to replace the broken one? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notificatio
mattsweet220

I had the same issue..

I resolved it by looking at old messages sent by the provider of the code text message.. i then went into the web app and sent a message to that provider, any message will do.  Then i am able to get the response with the code

0 Likes
DERCAR78

I wish that worked for me.  I can share that this is a security code that I'm trying to get from the bank.  I have the number and sent text messages to it using the web and desktop application.  I even sent a "Help" request to the number and got a message back, but the security codes to not come through even on the mobile device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the trouble with receiving any of the messages from your bank. We know that can be quite important. You mentioned that you don't receive the security code at all, even on the mobile device. Has this worked in the past for you, or is this the first time you're trying to use their service? Do the messages show up in in your manufacturer's default messaging app? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Tlach

So? Did this just never get solved and then got ignored? Because I am also having this issue and it’s very frustrating. I’m trying to get verification codes from Verizon so I can use my secondary phone to receive my messages from my primary phone. ( I don’t have access to my primary phone at the moment) so even Verizon’s verification messages aren’t showing up on their web app. Anything new? Or 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tlach wrote:

So? Did this just never get solved and then got ignored? Because I am also having this issue and it’s very frustrating. I’m trying to get verification codes from Verizon so I can use my secondary phone to receive my messages from my primary phone. ( I don’t have access to my primary phone at the moment) so even Verizon’s verification messages aren’t showing up on their web app. Anything new? Or 

You can't sync Verizon Messages between two phones. The application recognizes the second device as a phone and won't allow you to register a number not associated with that device. You can sync with a PC, tablet or smart watch, but not another phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tlach

Fair enough. However the original issue still hasn’t been solved no matter where I look. There are still certain messages that won’t show up on the webapp. Thank you for the information you did give though. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tlach wrote:

Fair enough. However the original issue still hasn’t been solved no matter where I look. There are still certain messages that won’t show up on the webapp. Thank you for the information you did give though. 

If you are referring to the verification text messages, that was already answered earlier in this discussion thread. It's on page 2 of the thread. The Verizon Messages FAQs are also linked earlier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tlach, I am so sorry to hear that you are not receiving all your messages on the web as well as the phone! I know how important it is to be able to manage your messages. May I ask what make & model phone you are using? Are the messages that are not showing from specific numbers, or does it seem random? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
UrsusSpiritus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same exact issue and I am currently sans a phone to receive/verify received codes. (Verizon support PLEASE do not reply with the 'Sorry you are experiencing ((insert issue here)) as it is a  very empty apology. )

There has to be a way to resolve or prevent this from others experiencing the same/similar issue. This is EXTREMELY frustrating when not having access to a phone. 

As such, I am currently basically locked out of many things that I need to get access to, including the process to verify/backup/authenticate receiving a replacement device as I am unable to verify my # with Asurion because of this very issue. 

Please resolve or provide some form of workaround. I already attempted to contact Verizon support and described the issue in detail and the rep was clueless and ignored the details I provided. 

Verizon, your FAQ, and customer support is poor. 

<Very dissatisfied customer.