Cannot send picture messages?
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

For some reason, I'm not able to send picture messages today. I have tried numerous times and in multiple locations. The phone goes right into EV and tries to connect, but it never does. It says there was an error while sending. Is there some reason I'm not able to send them? I was able to send picture messages yesterday.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot send picture messages?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try pulling the battery on your phone with it on, then putting it back in and restarting the phone.  It works like a computer reboot and may (or may not) work.

Otherwise, cliche as it sounds, chalk it up to a system glitch.  If you still can't send pictures after a day or so, take the phone in to a store and see if they can troubleshoot for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try pulling the battery on your phone with it on, then putting it back in and restarting the phone.  It works like a computer reboot and may (or may not) work.

Otherwise, cliche as it sounds, chalk it up to a system glitch.  If you still can't send pictures after a day or so, take the phone in to a store and see if they can troubleshoot for you.

0 Likes
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, SuzyQ!

Unfortunately, taking the battery out didn't work. :smileysad: Hopefully everything will be back to normal in a couple days. If not, I will take it into the store.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a nationwide network outage earlier today that did affect MMS messaging - so that may have been your issue.  Has it resolved?  Seems most of the network is functioning again, so you should be back in business.

0 Likes
Frostlace

Unfortunately, I can't seem to send any picture messages either.
I was hoping to get some of the pictures from my trip put online, so this is really disappointing.
It's been like this for hours and is showing no signs of getting better.

I hope it's resolved soon.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

THis was just posted on the General cell phone info board from nmchileman:

Update to all:

Mobile Web services should be back up and functioning as normal. Some Media Center/GIN applications may still not function, VZW is still working with BREW vendors to get the issue fixed. MMS is still largely affected, specifically for Samsung and Motorola devices. All other devices seem to be okay.

Normal SMS was never affected by this outage, or calls either. Just EVDO service for all your data applications.

0 Likes