Re: Cannot Authorize Message Plus on Secondary Device.
PaulaFM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you SO MUCH GibbyJ!!! I've been going nuts trying to set up Messages on my new tablet and your suggestion worked!

• For anyone else trying to get their device to scan Verizon's QR code, just screenshot the text message on your phone, crop it so that the image is just the large square code, and then turn up the brightness on your phone so that it's very bright. As soon as I hovered the camera on my Galaxy Tab near the screenshot on my phone it didn't even wait to focus, it just connected immediately!
0 Likes
stupidtechnology
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried every which way listed above.  Never connected. Ran batteries to zero, deleted mutiple retry messages, Cropped, reprinted, used another phone cropping, hovered over holding the  tablet to the phone, picture, everything available for entire 8 minutes allowed.  NOTHING.  Didn't connect what so ever.  Have a tech phone number to call from chat, but based on the response from chat and the verizon reps here, they haven't a clue to this technology, and really have no interest but to move on to simpler problems. Frustrated and a waste of over an hour.  (8 minutes per try, at least 8 or 9 tries.)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated because I know your time is valuable. Please advise is the 2nd device in question currently activated on your Verizon Wireless account? 

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
ToneGrail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same thing here. VZW support is useless. They need to stop farming their code out to the lowest bidder. They need to either fix this issue or nix the QR code and revert back to letting us type in a manual activation code.

0 Likes
tstanko

Go with Google Messages.  Work perfectly with Chromebooks and my Note 9.  With shoddy performance like this from Verizon, it's no wonder Google is going to replace everything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tstanko, we want you to have access to all the apps and services to ensure that you have a great experience with your device. Please let us know if you are experiencing any specific problems with a Verizon service and we would be happy to troubleshoot. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
JANDERHELEN

Galaxy TAB A

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JANDERHELEN

We want to make sure that you don't miss any important messages. Verizon Messages (Message+) is compatible with:

• Mobile devices running:
    • Android™ 4.2 and newer
    • iOS 7 and newer

What happens when you attempt to authorize that application on your device? Here's more information regarding the Verizon Messaging application: 

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#item2

0 Likes