Re: Cannot Authorize Message Plus on Secondary Device.
Dave1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  I have even printed out the QR on paper and tried that.  I have also blown up the code on my giant desktop monitor.  The app simply will not scan the code.  The camera is working, and the app has acces to it (and it is displaying it corretly, in focus, and with good contrast on the screen while it fails to register the QR code).  I should clarify that the QR code looks very clear and in focus in the preview image.  The little line scans across the code many times, but nothing happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dave1111 - Having the Verizon Messages (Message+) set up instructions is essential and we want to help. o ensure we provide you the information you need, we need to know if you have service with us. Also, on what device are you trying to set up Verizon Messages (Message+)? 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
maximpnyc

I am having the same problem. My brand new Galaxy Tab A just does not seem to want to scan the QR code. I tried 3 QR codes (on my brand new S10) and the red line just keeps slowly going back and forth. Mind, I am having trouble holding it steadily, but I am pretty sure there were at least a dozen occasions when it did go through a steady picture.

0 Likes
maximpnyc

Strike that, after Android update and another try, I tried again and after about 2 minutes of holding the tablet it did catch up. Still , I think it was taking way too long to scan, but it might be the Samsung thing, not Verizon.

0 Likes
GibbyJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I had the same problem.  I eventually used a program called snip-it to basically screen shot and croped everything except the qr code, which made it much larger then I saves that to my phone in the  my photo galery.  I broght that photo up, and went through the process again on my tablet.  The tablet finally recognized the QR code, maybe because it was much larger from the croping and saving it.  So if you can screen shot it, which wouldn't use your camera, and crop it so the qr code is larger, it might work.  I had tried about 10 times the standard way and got nothing.  Hope this helps!

Coburn
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey, Verizon! You are getting "0 Likes" on this LOL. Here are some problems I notice. 1) The app tries to capture the QR code before it is centered. 2) Further attempts to capture do not have the centering corners on the screen. 3) The QR image is rectangular, not square. The image is distorted much more than an ordinary photo through the same lens. 4) Slight changes in the angle of the tablet to the image produce large changes in the apparent angle of sight. It is very tricky to center the code and make it look level. I am sure you have tested the app on a Galaxy Tab, since it is such a popular tablet, and you already know all this. But maybe these clues will help. The good news is, it looks like a software not a hardware issue, so you don't have to go outside your own shop to fix it.
0 Likes
Nicknkatieb

In one paragraph you did for me what no Verizon employee could. Unspent HOURS today trying to fix my issue and this did it in seconds. Don't do any of the garbage, just use the screenshot and crop method. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear you were able to get the QR code working. Let us know if you have any further issues with your activation or service. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
rubyred723

I am trying to get Message+ on my Chromebook.  It will not scan the QR code from my phone.  Tried the screenshot and crop method and nothing.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, are you running Windows 10 on your Chromebook? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes