Cannot Authorize Message Plus on Secondary Device.
BOWLAMA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Camera does not work and I cannot scan the QR Code that is needed to authorize a secondary device access to text messages. The QR code requirement is new to the update in August.  Is there another option for verification? Can I download an old version of the app (ios)?

Labels (1)
Re: Cannot Authorize Message Plus on Secondary Device.
alwood317
Enthusiast - Level 2

My camera works fine on my secondary device, but simply will not scan the code, I've tried every different lighting angle and it just wont take,  Seems to me that since banks, government agencies and verizeon itself verifies with number codes to your text and the security is good with them, Did I mention Verizon, you could come up with a secondary authorization step which doesn't include scanning which is known not to work very well on many devices.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the secondary device a phone or tablet or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
alwood317
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a tablet

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having access to these messages on your tablet definitely adds a bit more freedom to messaging. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. When installing Message + on the tablet, did you allow the camera permissions? Have you attempted to adjust the display brightness to ensure that the image is clear for the QR code to scan? Please also ensure that there is space available in the tablet memory.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
alwood317
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, tons of space available, yes I went to maximum brightness and lowest,

I've tried clicking on the screen to focus and It has permission to access

the camera, It just simply shows the code and scans but does not recognize

it, This is a problem with many types of camera scanning programs and is

why most major corporations do not rely on it solely because the technology

is sketchy at best. I cannot believe a major corporation does not have a

work as a secondary verification measure.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:28 AM lorenb_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOWLAMA2, we want to make sure that we're doing everything that we can to help you with this issue. Do you happen to have a backup available for this device? If so I would suggest completing a Factory Reset on this device, let us know if this helps.

CecileC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alwood317
Enthusiast - Level 2

Way ahead of you, I already tried a factory reset with no luck

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:50 AM vzw_customer_support <

steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are so sad that did not help fix that issue for you, alwood317. We do want you to be able to activate Message+ on your tablet.

At this time the best thing to do is to contact our Message+ team to get further assistance with that app and service. You can email them at VerizonMessages@verizonwireless.com

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BOWLAMA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would I want to restore my  phone ?? There is nothing wrong with my secondary device. The camera is disabled for security and cannot be re-enabled.  Doing a factory reset would not solve the problem. The problem is that Verizon does not have a secondary way to install message plus that doesn't require validation through a camera. 

BIG disappointment Verizon.