Can't receive MMS messages from Mint Mobile/T-Mobile users
GQsj
Enthusiast - Level 1

This started happening 4 weeks ago, I stopped receiving MMS messages from Mint Mobile users (which are using T-Mobiles towers/service).  SMS just plain text directly from the user works, but when they try to text me a picture (which uses MMS), it never comes through.  Also, in group text, I do not receive anything from the Mint Mobile phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive MMS messages from Mint Mobile/T-Mobile users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, GQsj. It's crucial to be able to receive MMS text messages, and we are here to help. What is the make and model of your device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
GQsj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.

I have already tried taking my SIM card and putting into another Verizon phone (Galaxy S8 Plus) and the MMS message from Mint Mobile/T-Mobile still does not come through.  It is not a hardware/software issue, but a carrier to carrier issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Using MMS, especially in groups, has become as common as standard text and emails, GQsj. We appreciate the details you’ve provided in your troubleshooting. Let’s gather some more detail. What happens when the Mint Mobile user sends MMS to other users? Do all the others in the group get the MMS, in other words? When you send an MMS to the group or directly to the Mint Mobile user, does that person receive your MMS?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
GQsj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here are the answers to your question...

What happens when the Mint Mobile user sends MMS to other users?
A - All other users in the group text are able to receive the MMS messages from the Mint Mobile numbers.

Do all the others in the group get the MMS, in other words?
A - Yes, the other folks get the MMS message from Mint Mobile users in the group text.  I am the only one not receiving it.  

When you send an MMS to the group or directly to the Mint Mobile user, does that person receive your MMS?
A - Yes, everyone in the group is able to receive my MMS messages

To add further, I am able to SMS with the Mint Mobile users just fine.  Only MMS is the issue.  They can receive an MMS message from me, but I can't receive one from them (ex: picture, group text, etc.).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to work together. What messaging app are you using? What changes (updates, etc.) have you made to your device prior to this issue? I'd like for you to reset your network settings https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223009/. 

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GQsj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have used the built in Samsung messages, Google messages and Verizon's messages.  Non are receiving MMS messages from Mint mobile.  In fact I have your level 3 support looking into this and now they can't send me an MMS message.  They have reprovisioned my line 3 times and had me try a new SIM card as well.  The new SIM did not fix the issue either.

0 Likes
GQsj
Enthusiast - Level 1

By the way, the URL you provided gives a 404 error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

10-4. Have you noticed any data issues off of Wi-Fi? Have you tested both connected and not connected to Wi-Fi when texting the Mint Mobile user or rather them texting you? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes