Can't get rid of draft notification
bcouser

Good morning,

I've been having a recurring issue where even when I delete all the content of a message it still will show a draft notification. The is no text in the message box or pictures waiting for be sent. There is just a blank message that it keeps saving as a draft with no way to get rid of it short of sending a random message for no reason. Anyone know how to fix this,

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get rid of draft notification
bearone21
Legend

depends when you delete & the time interval for saving as a draft.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model device are you using?  After creating a 'test' message on my Droid Turbo 2 using Message+ and hitting the back arrow, it was saved as a 'draft'. Selecting it again and backspacing the text, leaving empty and hitting the back arrow, the 'draft' message disappeared.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bcouser

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S9. That's what I try to do but even when the text field is blank it will sometimes come up as a draft. Seems to happen most when I'm sharing a link directly from chrome but has happened at other times too.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you're 'sharing a link' then you have the link as 'text' or an attachment and the draft apparently is NOT empty.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bcouser

Not quite .The problem is when I decide not to send the link and backspace it or I schedule it to send later.Then there is no text or attachment but still a draft no matter what I try to do.

0 Likes
jenniferl_vzw
Verizon Employee

bcouser

I appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. I know how inconvenient it can be seeing a draft notification on your device. I'm here to help  get to the bottom of this. Please share a little more information with me. How long have you been seeing the notification? What messaging platform are you utilizing? What steps have you taken to try to get this fixed? I want to ensure we don't take the same steps twice.

JenniferL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Karebear182
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue. Was this ever resolved?

GABBRIELA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, 

Did you find out how to fix the Draft problem? 

I have the same problem with the Draft message.  I have a galaxy S9

Thanks

Faye33

Did you figure out how to fix it? I have an S9 and have the same problem. I thought it was sticker I sent, so I deleted it, but that wasn't it.

0 Likes