Can't Send Text Messages to Twitter, Facebook - Delivery Failure General Problem
sudynim

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems sending text messages to any Twitter, Facebook, Cha Cha and even Google.

I can send texts/pcg to regular phone numbers and email addresse but not to any number like, Twitter (40404) and Facebook (32665)

It tries to send, takes awhile and ends with a messae that says "Delivery Failue General Problem".

Anyone w/ any idea?

~P

(P.S. I've reset the phone and Verizon says my service is normal.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Send Text Messages to Twitter, Facebook - Delivery Failure General Problem
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Straight text messages to Facebook can go to 32665, pix have to be sent to mobile@facebook.com.  Before this will work you have to set it up at Facebook.com, mobile messaging or something I think it's called.  Facebook will send a confirmation code to your cell phone to verify that it is, in fact, your phone, and then you can text, update your status,  and upload photos and all that via your phone.

Twitter works similarly, but you have to set it up on twitter.com so that it recognizes your phone when you send an update to 40404.

HTH,

0 Likes
Re: Can't Send Text Messages to Twitter, Facebook - Delivery Failure General Problem
MissFr3sh
Having the same problem - was working fine until a couple of weeks ago.
0 Likes
Lyrica42
I am having the same problem.  When I send the text to Mobile@facebook.com it says that I am sending from an unrecognised device or carrier (that's to set up facebook mobile), when I send to the 32665 code, then it says that my carrier (mQube???) does not support facebook uploads.  I am a former Alltel Customer and have NEVER heard of MQube lol.  I have found that through Facebook I can only upload using my mobile by sending to my personalized e-mail address. 
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In reading Facebook posts, seems a lot of former Alltel customers, now Verizon customers, are having the same or similar issues, so it  obviously has to do with the merger and something in the translation got messed up.  As far as I can tell from reading Facebook posts on this subject, there is no solution as of yet, except to add your complaint to the others and hope the volume and frequency of the issue will prompt a faster response or fix.

:smileysad:  Wish I could be more help but I think this is in the hands of the network admins and nothing on our endis going to remedy it.

0 Likes
MissFr3sh

I've always been a verizon customer :smileysad:

My issue is not just with Facebook, but with trying to send texts to any short code. I've sent tests to Google, Twitter and Facebook and receive the same delivery failure &  "network timeout" response to all three. Until about a week ago, I had no problem sending/receiving texts with these services.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I just did a "test" post to Twitter with my phone to 40404, and it posted there and on my Facebook, as I have it set to do.  I have been using the 32665 for text and mobile@facebook.com for pictures without a problem.  I too have always been a Verizon customer.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is....I'm stumped!  And I hope whatever bug is in the system works itself out for you soon!
0 Likes
sudynim

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems that there was problem with my "Premium text messages" even though there didn't seem to be any blocks.

When I called back Verizon, after the initial phone reboot and update (*228) the cust. serv. rep. sent me over to someone in data technical services that tried something more extensive that included a more thorough resetting on my phone and on my service, blocking my texts/pix/flix and then unblocking it.

and now it seems to work normally. So if you've ruled out your phone being behind the problem, perhaps go back to Verizon and let the them further troubleshoot.

0 Likes
MissFr3sh

I'll have to give Verizon a call and give your remedy a try!

:smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
Lyrica42
I ended up calling and speaking with technical support about my problem.  Come to find out my brand new alltel phone just sucks.  Will be gettig a blackberry to <ahem> remedy the problem.  Thanks for the help :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes