Can't Save Avatar after Verizon Messages Upgrade
rmiller1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Verizon Messages upgrade, my avatar disappeared and when I try to save a picture to replace it, it doesn't work. I select a picture, crop it if necessary and save it, but when I return to the panel where my profile resides, the avatar is still blank and the Tap to Set Photo prompt remains.

The bug report is below.

OTT SubscriberId:

VersionName: 6.4.5

VersionCode: 30646

Build Number: 182

Build Date: Fri Feb 10 18:04:17 PST 2017

Last Build Number: 0

Manufacturer: Google

Model: Pixel XL

Product: marlin

RAM: MemTotal: 3847384 kB

SDK Version: 25

OS Release: 7.1.2

OS Incremental Version: 3638325

OS Codename: REL

SizeCache-Background Image@993c969: size = 1690034, max = 258800464, used = 1%, numItems = 1, active = true

SizeCache-MessageItem-old@3bbbda9: size = 0, max = 91615936, used = 0%, numItems = 0, active = true

Picasso: size = 13014400, max = 26330115, used = 49%

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Save Avatar after Verizon Messages Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rmiller1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I've restarted the phone multiple times.

0 Likes
rmiller1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will add that if I try to add a picture directly from the Gallery, it doesn't show up in the circle, but the app thinks there's a picture there because it gives me the option to save it. Once I save it, however, the "Tap to Set Photo" prompt reappears on the main profile screen as if nothing had happened.

If I go to an app, however, (OneDrive, in this case) and download the picture from there, the photo is visible and I have the option to position the picture in the circle, and the positioned picture in the circle is visible before I save it. Once I save it, however, it disappears and the "Tap to Set Photo" prompt reappears on the main profile screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information provided rmiller1959. This will definitely help us get to the bottom of your avatar concerns. Does this happen with every picture you try to set as an avatar? When did you last update the Verizon Message+ app? Have you verified the app is up to date?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rmiller1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, MichelleS_VZW

I've tried to set other photos as avatars with the same result. For whatever reason, once I hit Save, the picture disappears. I don't remember the exact date, but I'm sure I uninstalled and reinstalled the app within the week. I checked the Version number and it's the latest, Version 6.4.5.

I hope this is helpful. I really like the app and would like to get it to work as it has in the past. Many thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rmiller1959, thank you for your patience while we continue to troubleshoot the Verizon messaging app, we understand how important it is to be able to use all of the available features. Although, some of the problems that popped up after the update have been fixed, we are still working on the bugs. At this time we recommend uninstalling the update until we can get a complete fix done.

Go to Settings > App > All Apps > Message + App > Uninstall Updates.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes