Can send to, but not receive txt from friend?
Confused

This has happened once before to me, but it resolved itself within about 2 weeks. I can send text messages to my friend in Canada, who has Virgin Mobile, but I cannot receive texts from them. This really concerns me because texting is the way we communicate most of the time, which cuts off all communication between us because it costs us both to call each other, and I really would rather text. I really don't feel like waiting another 2 weeks for this to be resolved, so please, does anyone have a solution for my dillema?

Thanks in advance.

-Concerned VZW carrier

Edit: We both have unlimited text messaging, forgot to state that earlier

Message Edited by Confused on 04-18-2009 08:50 AM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can send to, but not receive txt from friend?
Blackout
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Confused,

I would say call customer service, have them make sure you have all of the correct text messaging features on the account for messaging with canada, and then dial *228 and press option 2 once the voice prompt comes up. The call will automatically disconnect after programing is complete after about 30 seconds.

If it still doesnt work, its most likely a problem on the end of the other person. What would make sense is that the coding of the other persons plan doesnt allow for international text messaging. Have them do the same. Good luck!

0 Likes
Confused

I tried that but my friend said it's a Verizon-only number, not compatible with Virgin Mobile, however I did it, and I still can't receive texts from her =\

Any tips?

0 Likes
Blackout
Enthusiast - Level 3

Honestly i dont like pushing people to call customer service, due to the fact that store reps are trained very well, but i would recommend calling data tech support. Make sure they understand what you need, and check for clarification from them. They may think you understand when you may not at all. I feel this is your best bet.

The number you can call is 1-866-788-9387

0 Likes
Sylent
yea my friend had a similar problem to this and found out the cause. If your using verizion and have a signature in your texts some times it fails to send to other companies for some reason. When she removed the sig the issue was solved. hopefully this will help.
0 Likes