Can I suspend texting and calls on my daughter's phone except for account members?
Mawgui

I'd like to put my daughter's phone out of action except for other family members on our account.  That way she can't use the phone to distract herself from homework, etc. but she can still reach the family members on our account if she must due to emergency, etc.  Can this be done?  Thansk!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I suspend texting and calls on my daughter's phone except for account members?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Mawgui,

I can totally understand you wanting to keep your daughter's usage under control so she can concentrate on her homework!

With Verizon Safeguard and Control http://vz.to/18e1VIs you can restrict the device to certain function, set limits, time restrictions, and add trusted contacts. From what I understand you only want the phone to be able to make and receive calls from certain numbers. You can block all calls and messages or set time restrictions on her line and then add trusted contacts to her line http://vz.to/19XzGck. You can maintain up to 20 contacts that can always be reached, regardless of other Verizon FamilyBase Control restrictions.

I'm sure this will help!

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I suspend texting and calls on my daughter's phone except for account members?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to look into Family Base:

Verizon FamilyBase™ FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Mawgui

Thanks but that doesn't do it.  I'm not looking to monitor.  Just temporarily put a complete stop to all except emergency usage of her cell phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So now I'm confused ... don't you want to:

• Set time restrictions for when a device can’t be used
  • Block contacts that you don't want your child to call or text
  • Create Trusted Contacts that are safe for your child to call or text
  • Set limits on usage for data, messages, calls and purchases
  • Lock your child’s phone on demand

That can be done via Family Base (for a monthly fee).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Mawgui,

I can totally understand you wanting to keep your daughter's usage under control so she can concentrate on her homework!

With Verizon Safeguard and Control http://vz.to/18e1VIs you can restrict the device to certain function, set limits, time restrictions, and add trusted contacts. From what I understand you only want the phone to be able to make and receive calls from certain numbers. You can block all calls and messages or set time restrictions on her line and then add trusted contacts to her line http://vz.to/19XzGck. You can maintain up to 20 contacts that can always be reached, regardless of other Verizon FamilyBase Control restrictions.

I'm sure this will help!

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tikibar1  Yes, you can block calls and text using family base. We definitely understand there are numbers which you would want to allow the user to have contact with, therefore, you would set up trusted numbers. All of this and more can done using family base. I hope that answer helped.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

tikibar1  Yes, you can block calls and text using family base. We definitely understand there are numbers which you would want to allow the user to have contact with, therefore, you would set up trusted numbers. All of this and more can done using family base. I hope that answer helped.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

- You responded with what I'd already told the OP.

0 Likes
cbcbblock

I am having this same problem.  I used to have two ways to block all calls except trusted numbers.  One was a selection under "Blocked Contacts" that said block all calls except trusted contacts.  That selection is now gone.

The other way was to put a one minute limit in all available minutes for Anytime, N&W, and Mobile to Mobile.  There used to be a selection that said stop any additional minutes until the end of the billing period.  Now that only applies to Anytime Minutes.   This seems to be a problem with family base

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you bringing your inquiry to our attention, cbcbblock. I'm sure that you rely heavily on these features. May I ask when you noticed that these features changed? Are you still able to set trusted contacts?http://vz.to/1eZOGK5

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
cbcbblock

I am able to set trusted contacts but it does not seem to do much.  My daughter still can receive voice calls from people not in the trusted contacts list.  Also, even the blocked list is not working right as we have numbers listed in the blocked list and she still receives calls from that number.  I have deleted and reloaded the companion app several times with no success.

The basic feature we want is to have no voice calls from anybody that is not in the trusted contacts list.

Thanks

0 Likes