Can I add messages+ to startup menu in Windows10?
bawoo169

I would like Messages+ to start automatically when I start my Windows 10 PC.  Can this be done by adding a command to the startup folder,  how is this done?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I add messages+ to startup menu in Windows10?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

This is so funny as since I installed Message+ on my Desktop PC running Windows 10, it automatically started up when I rebooted.  I didn't want to have it start up so I had to look at how to stop it from starting up automatically.  If you go to Task Manager (right click on the legacy desktop Windows Icon, bottom left, select Task Manager), there is a Startup tab which contains installed apps and processes that can be enabled/disabled at Start Up.  Not sure about the 'Startup Folder' and adding commands.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

This is so funny as since I installed Message+ on my Desktop PC running Windows 10, it automatically started up when I rebooted.  I didn't want to have it start up so I had to look at how to stop it from starting up automatically.  If you go to Task Manager (right click on the legacy desktop Windows Icon, bottom left, select Task Manager), there is a Startup tab which contains installed apps and processes that can be enabled/disabled at Start Up.  Not sure about the 'Startup Folder' and adding commands.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If the Message+ application doesn't show up in Task Manager->Startup, then you can add a shortcut to the application in your Startup Folder.

1. If you have a Message+ shortcut on your desktop, right-click and Copy.

2. Open your Startup Folder by running 'shell:startup' in the (right-click) Windows icon->Run window.

3. Right-click and Paste the Message+ shortcut.

0 Likes