Blocking an International Number and a Yahoo text message number ?
-S-Tetsusaiga-

Is there anyway to block a number from the UK and a number through which I'm getting texts through yahoo ? Edit: I've tried blocking them and the either one is too long or the other is too short due to the 10-digit rule.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking an International Number and a Yahoo text message number ?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

There is nothing more annoying than being contacted by someone you want to have no contact with. With that being said, you do have the option to block certain numbers and email addresses from contacting you on your mobile device. However, call blocking is limited by:

• Incoming call and message blocking is not available on International numbers.
  • Limited to five 10-digit phone numbers only.
  • Verizon Wireless Financial Services Call Center or collection agency numbers cannot be entered or blocked.
  • Caller ID Block, where not recognized, may not be blocked.
  • Call Blocking should not be provided to suspended accounts.
  • The Call Blocking feature only blocks inbound voice calls and incoming messages from a number on the block list.
  • All blocked individuals receive the blocked Picture/Video message in their inbox, including the subject line. However they will not be able to view content body (text and multi-media items).
  • International numbers may not be added.
  • Call Blocking cannot be added to past due accounts.

Exactly what do you mean by  "a number through which I'm getting texts through yahoo"? 

Are you receiving emails from an unsolicited person? If this is the case, you can in fact block e-mail addresses.

• We do offer Internet Spam Blocking using Spam Controls with options to block all Internet spam, email spam, or spam from specific email addresses.
  • You can  reply to the sender with a request to stop sending messages.
  • You can  register at https://text.vzw.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp and use the > Preferences > Text Blocking and select from options to block all Internet, all email, specific domains, specific email addresses
0 Likes