Block AIM text msgs to mobile phone.
lilfroggyally
How do I block AIM from sending text messages to my cellphone. They are not sending it to my screenname, they are sending to the long phone number +1-### - ####... etc etc.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block AIM text msgs to mobile phone.
Dizavis

Try this:

Log in to MyVerizon -> My Services -> VZW Safeguards (On the left hand side) -> Spam Controls -> Internet spam blocking -> Check "Block all text messages sent from the web"... Let me know if that works! Also, you could try to block the specific number using your Call and Message blocking feature if it's from a 10-digit number. Hope that helps!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also log in to your AIM account and check your settings there--it's likely that you have something set up that sends alerts to your phone when you get a message on AIM, or actually sends the message to your phone when it comes in.

Have you ever used or tried to set up Mobile IM?  That may be the culprit!  But it sounds more like alerts from AIM that are set up in AIM, so go there and check.

HTH,

0 Likes
nycsheart
Enthusiast - Level 3

ooh, I thought this was the solution to my problem but it looks like you can only "Block all text messages sent from the web" for the primary line. 

If I am wrong and can do this for a secondary line, please let me know.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

nycsheart wrote:

ooh, I thought this was the solution to my problem but it looks like you can only "Block all text messages sent from the web" for the primary line. 

If I am wrong and can do this for a secondary line, please let me know.

You need to register/create a log in for the secondary line, separate fromthe primary log in.  Each line on a family plan can, and should, have it's own MyVerizon log in.  Then each line can have it's own Backup Assistant, spam controls, etc.  Only the account owner will have access to the billing information and call/text details, but each line has access to information specific to that line, including setting up blocks and spam controls.

0 Likes
nycsheart
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, I didn't know I could do that! I will do that now! Thanks!!

0 Likes