Android Auto Not Displaying Message
FishinFreaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

In Android Auto, I have one of my contacts whose text messages do not get displayed on my screen. I use Message+ as does he. Just sending regular texts, not photos or gifs, etc. 

All other text messages seem to show up and display on Android Auto unless they include multi media or multiple recipients.

Help??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Auto Not Displaying Message
FishinFreaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am able to send him a message using Android Auto. 

He does not know of any that are having problems receiving his texts in Android Auto.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FishinFreaks,

Making sure you can get your messages whenever you need to is a big deal. I know those can be essential and we can't always wait on them. I'm glad to help. When did this issue start? Are the texts still showing up correctly in Message+?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
FishinFreaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started a couple months ago. It's just one of my buddies. All of his texts DO show up in Message+, just not on Android Auto. I'm just talking about regular texts, not photos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, FishinFreaks. I know how frustrating it must be to not have those messages appear. Just to confirm, the messages are not displaying on your car's screen using Android Auto, is that correct? 

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
FishinFreaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I mentioned, I AM receiving the text messages on Message+.

I am NOT receiving the messages when I am using Android Auto. I am referencing plain text messages, not picture or group messages.

The rest of my contacts (or numbers not included in my contact list) show up both in Message+ AND Android Auto.

So, why are my ONE CONTACT's text messages not showing up in Android Auto?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FishinFreaks We appreciate the additional details. Can you tell us if you are able to send your one buddy a text using Android Auto? Also, does this person have an issue with anyone else receiving his text? Do you know what phone your friend has? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
FishinFreaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am able to send him a message using Android Auto. 

He does not know of any that are having problems receiving his texts in Android Auto.

0 Likes
FishinFreaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not mean to say "Correct Post". I still don't have a solution.

His phone is a Galaxy S10. My phone is a Pixel 4. This was also happening on my Pixel 2.

0 Likes