Adding words to phone's dictionary
speller

I recently changed from AT&T to Verizon.  I have the Accolade phone.  I usually use the T9word when texting.  I have tried to type certain words which apparently aren't in my phone's word bank.  On my old Nokia phone, if I typed a word that wasn't recognized by the phone, after going through the different word possibilities the screen would show the word "spell" and I would click on that and a box would appear allowing me to manually add that word to my phone's list. I have searched the brief directions both in the manual and online and have seen nothing.

Can someone give me the steps for  my current phone(accolade)on how  to add more words to the phone's word bank?

Thanks.

{edited for privacy}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Adding words to phone's dictionary
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you are in T9 mode and the word you want is not recognized, you need to switch to ABC mode to type the word using the multi-tap method.

Then, once you have the word or name on the screen spelled properly, BEFORE YOU PRESS THE SPACE BAR, switch back to T9, THEN press the space bar.

The next time you try to enter that word or name via T9, it SHOULD show up as a choice when you press the "next" key.

Try it, and let us know if it works.
0 Likes
kaitlynrebekah

I tried to type in the word then switch to ZiWord but it doesn't add the word to my ZiWord dictionary and I'm not sure how to frix it. It's really obnoxious that I have to type out names allllll the time. My old phone from automatically added them to my dictionary after I spelled them out so I thought this one would too! Please Help!

0 Likes
Shawn42

On my phone, I click the button to change off of T9 word. I go down the list Abc, ABC, 123, ect. Near the bottom of the list is "T9 dictionary". When you click on that it brings up a screen that lets you add or modify words to your T9 Word dictionary.

0 Likes
oldiebutgoodie

On my phone, I select "Me" to send a text message to, then I click on the "Type a message" bar (as though to start typing a message to someone), and then click on the little gear icon that appears along with other icons just above the "Type a message" bar, and then drag my finger to scroll down to "Dictionary", and then choose my personal dictionary (there is also a 'work' dictionary, at least for me), and then click the '+' sign in the upper right corner, and then I can add a word and optionally also add a short cut for it.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to start a new conversation on the most relevant board. Thanks!