$5 messaging plan
davieboynj

On thursday, i added a $5 messaging plan to my account.  I wanted to add it to another line on friday, but it wasn't there.  Was the $5 plan unceremonially dumped between those 2 days?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $5 messaging plan
budone
Legend

I dont know when it happened but it seems it was discontinued around the time the Double Data promo began

0 Likes
davieboynj

Roughly in the same timeline, but I know for a fact I was able to add it to my lines on Thursday and then not on Friday.  I would have thought there would be more outcry over doubling the minimum txt plan, especially when it's offensive to begin with that you even have to pay for this feature, and doubly offensive when you already have a data plan.  

Is this Verizon's way of keeping their bottom line up even with Gvoice and Imessage around?  If so, SHAME ON YOU, VERIZON!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

In case you did not notice, the next level up no longer includes unlimited VZW to VZW texting.

0 Likes
davieboynj

Even more evil....  Thanks, Verizon!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
So the only texting options now are pay as you go (20 cents or 25 cents for pictures), 1000 texts (no free M2M) for $10, or unlimited?? Wow.

I also see that the Messaging options for a Family share is $20 for unlimited if not on a per-line basis, and I'm actually paying $30 above our voice plan. If I call to get the $20 applied, does that mean I'll lose my unlimited data on the BB? Or is the plan going to "automatically adjust" to the new rates/ (Not likely, since I wouldn't want that to happen if rates went up - I assume I will keep my current plan until I decide to change it).

Is it worth the $10 a month savings on the text plan to potentially lose my unlimited, and the 20% discount I currently receive on my data plan ($6)?? Seems almost a wash....
0 Likes
davieboynj

I'm not sure that's right.  

Currently, the messaging opyions for family are pay-as-you-go or $30 for unlimited.  However, if you have a diascount, the discount applies to the $30, whereas it doesn't apply to the now-defunct $5 and $10 and $20 individual messaging plans tahat you could be using inside the family lines.  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

davieboynj wrote:

I'm not sure that's right.  

Currently, the messaging opyions for family are pay-as-you-go or $30 for unlimited.  However, if you have a diascount, the discount applies to the $30, whereas it doesn't apply to the now-defunct $5 and $10 and $20 individual messaging plans tahat you could be using inside the family lines.  

Davieboynj is correct. Family share plan is still $30

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you look at the Family Plan page, the messaging plan pricing is kind of misleading, which is why I am sure SuzyQ thought it was $20 for the entire Family Plan unlimited messaging. I thought so too, but I am just sure that it is a typo on the web page.

Looking at the Family Plan webpage, under "Messaging", you see "Unlimited        Monthly Account Access $20", but then under "Line Options" under "Messaging", you see "Unlimited    $30/Family Share Plan"

This is very misleading as this seems to have 2 prices for unlimited messaging. If the 1st price for unlimited messaging was for 1 line, you would think it would be under the "Line Options" category.  As I said before, though, this is most likely just a mistake on the website and I am sure it will be corrected at some point.

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I just checked myself and the $5 text message plan is gone for new customers. I wasn't going to fiddle around with my account and risk losing it on my plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes