4info.com extra charge?
ramitoo

i just set my phone to be able to get news, scores. etc.. also their website said it's a free service and i have an unlimited texting plan, is it gonna be extra charges for me,, or is it free?? i heard somthing about 0,03 cent each message ? is that true? 

(4info.com is the website) 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4info.com extra charge?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   Well from what I see they clearly state that they do not charge but your carriers normal texting charges may apply.   If you've got the unlimited (free) texting package either in your basic plan or supplemental add on then you should be fine.   The best way to make sure is check after you get the first couple of messages from them on My Verizon to see if any charges incurred.   Then you'll know for sure that all is OK! :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
What you heard about charging .03 for text message is in regards to how VZW handles third party billing. VZW is planing on starting to charge 3rd party vendors .03/text for every message they send you. So the vendor gets charged, not the customer. But as well all know, I'm sure it'll trickle down to the consumer eventually.
0 Likes
capnron77

Ah yes, the ever-present Verizon greed strikes again!  I've been with five different wireless companies over the years and have NEVER been nickel-and-dimed to death by anyone like Verizon.  Not to mention their insidious programming of new phones to make it almost impossible NOT to incur accidental data charges that most people don't even notice or bother to fight.  And now, they've screwed their customers out of yet another service that is free to customers everywhere else.  You're right, they began charging vendors like 4Info to send messages to their customers... so 4Info did the only thing that could keep them from going under due to the extra costs, and as of today will not send ANY messages to Verizon customers.  I've depended on them for years for a lot of information and now I can't get it, probably because Verizon only wants us to get our data from them, at a bare minimum $2 a month.  God, I HATE this company!  Just waiting for the day when AT&T and T-Mobile improve their coverage and I can dump these money-grubbing [edit] once and for all.

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

I can't believe it! Someone's actually fighting FOR premium messaging!

0 Likes