Why won't my Ellipsis 8 turn on?
KIMJAC5

The Ellipsis 8 shows that it's charged at 100% but it still won't turn on. I tried to uninstall apps from my computer but the apps don't have "uninstall" as an option. How to do delete/uninstall apps from my computer? Or, what other methods can I use to get my Ellipsis 8 to turn on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why won't my Ellipsis 8 turn on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to get your tablet turned on Kimjac5. If your tablet does not respond with the suggestions we have provided then we would need to do a factory reset https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-146202/ This will delete all the information on the tablet. At this point we have no choice. Please let me know your outcome. 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 won't turn on
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Press and hold the power button for up to 30 seconds (it's a long time) - sometimes it takes a while to wake up the tablet.  Release the button when it starts to boot up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your tablet is working the way it should Kimjac5. Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work on this right away. SuzyQ provided a good suggestion. Did that work for you? Does the device have any physical or liquid damage at all? Please try holding the power button and volume down button simultaneosuly for about 15-30 seconds to see if the device comes on.

RashadM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KIMJAC5

Thank you for your suggestions but this didn't work. The tablet shows a picture of the battery and says 100% then the screen goes black again.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm, KIMJAC5, this does concern me that you can see the tablet at 100%, however it refuses to power on. It's our goal to get this fixed. In order to attempt the previous steps given by SusieQ and Rashad, you will want to unplug the tablet first. Are you showing 100% while the tablet is still plugged into the wall outlet or is it unplugged?

KatrinaN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KIMJAC5

Hello,

The 100% sign comes up with the tablet plugged in, when I unplug it and try pressing the on button for 30-60 seconds nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KIMJAC5,

It's never good to hear your device is not functioning properly. Pleas reach out to us through Direct Message on Twttier or Private Message through Facebook so we can take a closer look.

DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
quilterwannabe

I tried this on my Ellipsis 8 Tablet and it will not turn on. I put in my password and there is no icon to move or swipe to the right and then it goes blank. It is fully charged. I have not used this device for a long time I charged it with its cord into the wall with a USB hub and it is charged but will not turn on.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you "put in your password" - if the tablet will not turn on, then where are you putting in a password?

My Ellipsis 8 is finicky; I have to sometimes hold the power button in until  the red Verizon screen appears, then release the power button and the tablet boots.  It works better when fully charged, or plugged in.

0 Likes
quilterwannabe

I may be using the wrong term. The screen comes on but I put in my password

and give it a swipe to open up and it does not. But the red screen turns

ofr after the boot a screen opens with the numbers for password but no icon

to swipe and I swipe up and down and left to Right and Right to left and

nothing opens up Thanks for a response. I appreciate it. So what am I

doing wrong?

0 Likes