Why is there a blank screen after the update?
mrbo40
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to update my Ellipsis 8 and everything went well until it restarted now after the Verizon Logo there is just a Blank Screen.

I went and put it back to Factory settings and that didn't help I have the same Blank Screen after the logo.

I am at a loss on what I am suppose to do now.
Can I somehow reload Android on there? But I can even update the MTP usb device when I hook it to the Computer

Someone have any Ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is there a blank screen after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bringing your tablet back to life is our top priority, mrbo40. From the sounds of it, we’re at the point of checking device replacement options. Factory reset fixes most issues, but it hasn’t helped in this case. To get the ball rolling, we recommend reaching out to us via phone at 800-922-0204, or via live chat by logging into your account, choosing Contact Us, then Chat.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The updates are supposed to make your device better mrbo40. Let’s see what we can do to get this tablet unstuck for you. Is there any damage to the tablet? Click here to view examples: http://vz.to/1FAmX2E. Can you please describe what steps you took to do the factory reset? Does this happen both when on or off the charger?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrbo40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I looked everywhere and there is no Damage anywhere I had reset it buy using the Turning it on and Holding the Volume button at the same time and got to the Screen where it said to do the Factory reset and followed all the Steps but when it restarted there was no change.

I did try to reset plugged in and not plugged it the only thing I get is the Battery Indicator.

goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same problem here. Verizon logo pops up then blank screen. Obviously there is a problem with some ellipses and this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's past that blank screen goofy174. Please visit this link http://spr.ly/6581Buo8X and do a factory reset as per those steps. Test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrbo40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry already did that still nothing.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also did that and the same thing happened. I took it to a Verizon company store and they are going to have FedEx pick it up and they'll send one back to me that works. That works out fine for me as I don't use it a lot as I usually use my phone. I am excited that it is being upgraded to 5.1. We probably won't ever get 6 but at least 5 is better than 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bringing your tablet back to life is our top priority, mrbo40. From the sounds of it, we’re at the point of checking device replacement options. Factory reset fixes most issues, but it hasn’t helped in this case. To get the ball rolling, we recommend reaching out to us via phone at 800-922-0204, or via live chat by logging into your account, choosing Contact Us, then Chat.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
mrbo40
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually don't think I can, I bought it on ebay to replace the one I

dropped unless you think they might. Let me know!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That clarification is much appreciated, mrbo40. You’re correct that devices purchased third party don’t carry warranties. However, we can still troubleshoot with you to see if we can bring it back up and running.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes