Why is my Ellipsis 10 is using all my data?
harclod

I was told by my Verizon store, that my ellipses 10 would only use my Verizon data if I was away from home. I bought this a month ago and it has used up almost all of my 8gigs of data and it has never left the house.

It shows that wi-fi is connected, but I don’t think it is switching to it, because of all the Verizon data being used.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I guess I’ll have to make another trip to the store again!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Ellipsis 10 is using all my data, even though I only use it at home with wi-fi
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked that wi-fi is set to stay on when the tablet is 'sleeping'?  Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.  Tap Advanced and then ensure that Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep is set to Always.  I'd also suggest that you uncheck Avoid Bad Wi-Fi Connections on that same screen.  If those don't help, another suggestion is to turn off the cellular data until you actually need to use it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Ellipsis 10 is using all my data, even though I only use it at home with wi-fi
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked that wi-fi is set to stay on when the tablet is 'sleeping'?  Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.  Tap Advanced and then ensure that Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep is set to Always.  I'd also suggest that you uncheck Avoid Bad Wi-Fi Connections on that same screen.  If those don't help, another suggestion is to turn off the cellular data until you actually need to use it.

0 Likes