Verizon Ellipsis 7 Tablet Receives Update – Improves LTE Connectivity, Camera, Battery Life, and More
HumBum

I just found this on a site I frequently get my Android updates from: http://goo.gl/mtZD8T

Great news for most people on these boards!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Ellipsis 7 Tablet Receives Update – Improves LTE Connectivity, Camera, Battery Life, and More
MMCM_SS_
Enthusiast - Level 1

HumBum... you will be able to get the software update, and it does a little...HOWEVER... it does not, by any means, fix the problem of no app memory, or being able to move stuff to the SD card, or get rid of the ton of bloatware apps VZ loaded on it.  (Do download the update in any case).

You will get a feel good response from VZ, but  don't get real happy. I have the update and still can't update (runs out of memory) the few apps that i was able to load...can't even update the bloatware apps VZ loads.  I am a total VZ customer (Phone, Jet pack, Ellipsis 7 tablet, and a healthy cell plan ... and monthly bill), as well as a stock holder.  I love VZ, but this has made me not a happy customer, client, and stockholder.

My question to VZ support is when are you going to quit giving us the BS response that the silly update solves the memory problem, and give us all a date when you are going to fix it, enable us to remove apps we don't use or want, enable the units to move apps and other things to the sd card, or let us return the tablets to our VZ store and get full credit on price and contract time towards another tablet that actually has usable memory??

Support center .. if you can't answer this.. pass it to your boss... and up the ladder until someone with the power can authorize a solution for those of us who actually thought this would be a useful tool!

Re: Verizon Ellipsis 7 Tablet Receives Update – Improves LTE Connectivity, Camera, Battery Life, and More
brwebster614

That would be great if we could actually use the 8gigs or so of device storage to, you know, actually store apps. But that would make far too much sense. I honestly wish I would have known how bad of a product this was when I got it but it was pretty new then and not many reviews. The ones I read were solid reviews.

0 Likes