Sales fraud
Michael94588

Hi All,  Before I contact the Correspondence Team, I would like to gather some information since there seems to be a pattern of deception by these "sales representatives". We received a so called "free tablet" for which Verizon is claiming allows for the extension of our contract. We never received a copy nor did we sign an agreement so I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence. I'm a tolerant person but I don't condone this type of behavior so I figure that I'll move my family and I off of Verizon once I have this straightened out even if it means going to court over this. It's abundantly clear that this is a recurring pattern in Verizon and it seems to be an accepted behavior.

0 Likes
Re: Sales fraud
Snn5
Legend

Just like a phone, when you take a "free" or greatly reduced-in-price item that also charges a monthly fee to use, then you have agreed to an agreement for a specified time.  Did Verizon let you walk out of the store or leave the website with nothing signed in-store or no checkbox checked, no digital signature, no confirm-by-clicking-here box online?  Did they just send it to your home unsolicited or hand it to you on the way out of the store?

0 Likes
JP12812
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME! My bf went in to get on the Edge program and was told when you do, you get a free tablet. He was told that it was $10 a month while you wanted it to use your data, and if you didn't you just remove it. Now I am finding that we are contracted with a 2 year old POS refurbished tablet that was $40 to activate, $10 a month = $280, 2 year contract, WHEN IT RELEASED $150 w/ 2yr contract back in 11/2013! Did Verizon ever do anything for you? My bf cannot even make changes to our account, only I can. So this contract is null and void!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michael94588, I know you wanted to gather information regarding this issue with the tablet via this forum first but this is a rather serious matter that I feel should be addressed immediately as we do not take fraudulent charges very lightly. We only want you to have the best customer experience and I’d love the opportunity to help today. If you would like to proceed. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ckoes14075

We should start a club.  A similar thing happened to me.  I waisted my time on the phone w cust service.  They sent me back to the store.  When I got to the store they wouldn't help me.  Bottom line I'm stuck with a tablet that i wouldn't have considered of I had known the real deal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ckoes14075, the last thing we want is for you to be stuck with a device that you should not have. If you like we can look into this for you.  After reading a previous post of yours, it appears that the tablet somehow extended or started a new contract on your account. Were you told that the device would be completely free of charge not even a monthly fee for the service?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ckoes14075

Anthony, I went around and around with Verizon Customer service and the store right after I returned home from my "purchase" and started getting eMails about what I really got at the store.

I was under the impression I was getting a $50.00 WiFi tablet that would cost me $10 a month for 5 months.

Then the eMails came and told me about the monthly fee for 2 years. That made the cost of the unit way more than $50.

I immediately called Verizon Customer service and was on the phone more than an hour with them. They told me to take the unit back to the store. I asked for a call reference number and was told I wouldn't need one. That comments had been added to my account.

When I went back to the Verizon store they didn't want to know me. I referenced my call to customer service. They didn't care or didn't really see any notes. I don't know the real story there. All I know is that I went through about 3 sales reps and a manager at the store. I was told that I could turn the device back in if I was willing to pay what I thought was an exorbitant "restocking fee". I left the store as an unsatisfied customer and majorly ticked at Verizon. I felt that I was duped by your Verizon sales folks.

I'm still ticked. I'm not looking to surrender the device at this point as I've already had it for about 6 months. I live by my commitments. I'll wait the 2 years and dump it.

I have Verizon up to my eyeballs. FIOS, TV, cell Phones. This is not the first time I've gotten something different than expected from a Verizon "sale" or "re-up".

Unfortunately, this tablet event started me thinking about dumping all of my Verizon services. I've moved past that mode of thinking. Still not happy about the treatment I get at Verizon. But I'm cooling off for now.

You can still sign off as a less than satisfied customer. And I'm not trying to pull a fast on Verizon. As I mentioned previously... you got me again... but I do honor my commitments.

Thanks, Carl Koester

0 Likes
Michael94588

Dump them. It's as simple as that. Then just maybe these deceptive sales products will stop.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Michael94588

Class action lawsuit is what I'm talking about

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Michael94588

The simplest solution is to leave Verizon and go to T-Mobile or someone who does not run these types of scams!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes