Re: Important Note: Memory Management
Valerie_Fronz

I have the Ellipsis 7, with the 422A, and I STILL get that there is not enough space. No option to move app to sd,  Check for updates is useless as it tell me it cannot connect to server. As a customer in good standing for over 15 years, this is a MAJOR strike and I will consider taking my tablet off of my bill and use it for what it's worth...a beverage coaster.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Valerie_Fronz

Even on 422A, you will receive "Insufficient space available" when the device is out of storage space. The Ellipsis 7 has 8 GB. You can check the status of your system's memory by doing the following.

1. Swipe down from top right of the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Storage

To free up memory space, you can move media files (pictures, video, audio, etc) to an SD card. It is not possible to move apps to SD card.

422A is the latest software version for your device. However, when an update is available you will need to turn of Wi-Fi to connect to the server.

cggandee

My ellipsis 7 is a 422y. What does that mean?  I searched the forum and didn't find nothing.  Thanks

0 Likes
Queenchannie

@carol_vzw - I am on the phone with technical support right now & they have no idea what I'm talking about.  I am speaking with "Levi".  I finally got him to send me a box but they are really uneducated about this issue.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

The full version of your software is MV7B_31D41_422Y and your software is currently up to date!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Queenchannie

Thank you for the feedback. It is very helpful. We are continuing to work on communications around this update process.

0 Likes
jscottbar

I contacted tech support and they had no idea about this. They said that all software updates are done via internet. After an hour on the phone I still have no resolution and a tablet with hardly any space.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi

Thank you for posting your experience here so that we could reach out to you directly. We regret that you were initially misinformed and we continue to work on the support process. Once your Ellipsis 7 is received, the device will be updated within 3 days and returned to you within 2 days.

0 Likes
Laguna760

Hello I've been having the same issue with space management and I've come to learn that my tablet is running mv7a_31d26_422 and I was wondering how I can update it thanks

0 Likes
jscottbar

I wish that I could help you with this but my issue has yet to be fully resolved.  After posting on the forum customer support contacted me and told me they were sending me a box to package my tablet and send in for the upgrade but as of yet I have not received anything.  If verizon ever does help me out with this I will let you know.

0 Likes