How do I stop reboot loop?
Gamimifor3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ellipsis 7 starts, stay on for about 10 seconds, then restarts, again and again.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Constantly restarting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Ellipsis 7 to work as intended Gamimifor3. I can certainly assist you regarding this matter. It sounds as if something is causing that reboot loop to occur. Please disable your data connection by placing your tablet into Airplane mode immediately after a fresh reboot. Then, go Settings>Application Manager>All>Google Play services and uninstall updates. Lastly, power the device off and back on and turn airplane mode off and see if the issue still occurs. Keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

64gates

Same thing happened to my Droid Mini.  Back up phone from airplane mode, then consider resetting phone.  Problem due to google updates.  Went to store to resolve problem and had to reset phone to get it working again.  Once reset, go to playstore and turn off auto updates.  Then wait for google to fix problem.  My phone now works, though app updates are on hold.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Ellipsis 7 to work as intended Gamimifor3. I can certainly assist you regarding this matter. It sounds as if something is causing that reboot loop to occur. Please disable your data connection by placing your tablet into Airplane mode immediately after a fresh reboot. Then, go Settings>Application Manager>All>Google Play services and uninstall updates. Lastly, power the device off and back on and turn airplane mode off and see if the issue still occurs. Keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Gamimifor3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be working now. Thank you.

0 Likes
Gamimifor3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do I keep Google updates turned off? Some apps won't start without Google updates.

0 Likes
LFam

The same thing began happening to my Droid Razr earlier this week.  I've uninstalled Google Play Services but that does not help.  As soon as I take it out of Airplane Mode, it restarts over and over again, until I reset it to Airplane mode.  I'd really like to avoid doing a reset, if I can help it.  I am eligible for a new device, so I am considering just starting over to buy a new phone.

0 Likes
TigerBates

I just discovered the fix yesterday! My Razr Maxx continuously rebooted itself for 2 days non stop! I went to a Verizon store and they weren't any help. They wanted me to use my upgrade and get a new phone.

The phone was giving me about 6 seconds before rebooting so I turned off the screen lock first. It rebooted and then I turned the WiFi on and connected to my home network. It finally stopped rebooting so I backed up everything to Cloud, about an hour. I decided to to turn the WiFi off and reconnect to a tower after I had everything backed up. After I reconnected to the signal it still worked properly. No more issues!!!!  

0 Likes
LFam

Tried TigerBates fix and did not work for me.  Continued to restart when out of airplane mode, whether via wi-fi or 4g.

0 Likes
Flyfshnjonz

My Ellipsis also reboots, but when I use Google products.   I tried to use the remedy suggested to Gamimfor3, but the machine reboots before Google Play services can load. 

0 Likes
jbleiberg85

My Droid Turbo (Verizon) is in a reboot loop.  It does not fully start, so I cannot get to settings, etc.

I would appreciate any assistance.

0 Likes