How do I add new home screens?
Shat5

I only have 2 screens on my tablet. How do I add more?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I add new home screens?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try the steps listed in the link in the earlier post?  In other words, you need at least one app/widget on a screen for the screen to remain. once the icon is removed, the screen is removed.  To add a screen, long-press the app/widget icon and slide it to the right edge of the screen ... a new screen should be added.  You can then move the apps/widgets around on the various screens, but again, unless there's at least one app/widget on the screen, the screen will be removed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

On most Android devices you just Press and Hold on an icon, then drag it off the right side of the screen to create a new screen. I have not tried it on the E8, but should work....

Stevie400
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes that is how to add screens. Thanks!

0 Likes
Shat5

That's what I thought too but it does not work.  Any other thoughts?

0 Likes
Shat5

No, the left hand screen is used for anything.

0 Likes
Shat5

I have an Android phone too and assumed everything would be identical.  This one has me stymied.  The device comes with 5 home screens by default.  I deleted three of them initially because I did not need them.  I figured it would be easy to re-add them later.  It isn't.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try the steps listed in the link in the earlier post?  In other words, you need at least one app/widget on a screen for the screen to remain. once the icon is removed, the screen is removed.  To add a screen, long-press the app/widget icon and slide it to the right edge of the screen ... a new screen should be added.  You can then move the apps/widgets around on the various screens, but again, unless there's at least one app/widget on the screen, the screen will be removed.

0 Likes
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried this and it does work. Press and hold on an icon on your rightmost screen. Make sure you can move it around the screen. Then move it to the right edge and then just off the edge. A new empty screen will appear. Just remove your finger from the icon at the position you want it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The icon doesn't have to be on your right-most screen ... it can be on any screen, but the new screen will only be added by sliding to the right.  It also works if adding a new app or widget, i.e., long-press the app/widget you want to add, you'll then see a smaller version of the screens, slide to the far right to add a screen, then let go of the app/widget icon.