Expandable Memory
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I purchased my Ellipsis tablet on 7.1.2014 I was told that I could expand the memory. I bought a 32 gb card, I had intended to use it for storing my music. After installing I discovered that I could not put any of my music on it. I have proceeded to install other apps but they are not being installed on my expandable card. I regularly get the "running out of memory" alert and it is very annoying. Its been over 2 months since I bought the tablet and the expandable memory card. It still shows as being empty. This may very well be user error. What apps or other items can I put on the card and how do I make that happen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Expandable Memory
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

You were correct. After downloading my music directly to th SD card I was able to play my music via Google Play Music. However, this morning I attempted to download a backgammon application and the error message I received was "There is insufficient space on this device". Keep in mind that after installing my music to the SD card I still have 26.30 GB available on the SD card. The available space on the internal memory is maxed out with the following usage:

Available space 408 MB ; Applications 4.12 GB; Pictures 380 KB; Audio 216 KB; Downloads 8.00KB; Cached Data 6.98MB. I want to put more applications on the tablet which is why I bought the 32 GB expandable memory card in the first place. How do I add more applications?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens when you try to put your music on the SD card?  Are you receiving an error message?

Have you seen this?

Important Note: Memory Management

0 Likes
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

When trying to upload any music I get the message that I do not have enough available memory space and then the upload attempt is stopped.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you're trying to store the music on the internal memory rather than the SD card.     Have you tried using a card reader or adapter to put the music on the card straight from the computer? 

Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. I have seen the bulletin and I do have the proper and most current software version.

0 Likes
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

When talking directly to the tablet people at Verizon they said that I cannot put / download my music to the tablet. I haven't tried loading the music onto the card via a card reader but I'll try now. Thanks for your interest and help.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Which app are you using to play your music. It sounds as if it is Google Play Music. If you try to add the music to your device with that app, I don't believe you will not be able to save it to your card. You should be able to save it to your SD card with a file explorer, though, and Google Play Music should be able to read/play that music.

If you use another app such as Doubletwist to play your music, that app will allow you to save your music to your SD card.

rcschnoor
Legend

Golphr wrote:

I haven't tried loading the music onto the card via a card reader but I'll try now. Thanks for your interest and help.

You don't necessarily need a card reader, you can simply use a file explorer such as ES File Explorer to copy files from your home computer to your tablet via wifi.

Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just finished uploading music to the memory card. Now I'm going to see if I can access the music. I.ll get back to you later. So far, and pardon me for understating the obvious, your knowledge has surpassed every one else I have asked for help. You, my friend, are a genius.

0 Likes
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried but was unable to access my music. Any suggestions?

0 Likes