Can I still use the Ellipsis with wifi or my Verizon smartphone hotspot?
SHIBUT26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Ellipsis 8 and am no longer under contract, and I cancelled the designated cell phone number assigned to it.

Can I still use the Ellipsis with wifi or my Verizon smartphone hotspot?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 8
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you should be able to use the Ellipsis as a WiFi only device. I removed the SIM card from my old Samsung Galaxy S4 and it works fine (except for the ever present missing SIM card icon in the status bar). Ditto for my, even older, HTC Incredible 2.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you should be able to use the Ellipsis as a WiFi only device. I removed the SIM card from my old Samsung Galaxy S4 and it works fine (except for the ever present missing SIM card icon in the status bar). Ditto for my, even older, HTC Incredible 2.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, and we want to be sure we answer it. Yes, you can use your Ellipsis 8 on WiFi. It is a handy device to have around. Does this provide clarity?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Verizon Ellipsis 4G LTE - No "Apps"
DiegoInSeneca

The Apps icon is missing from the desktop.  How do I connect to wifi without the Apps icon?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Ellipsis 4G LTE - No "Apps"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concerns, have you reset this device recently? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes