Will storing more on the cloud free up memory on my device?
HSpirit1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any benefit to having Cloud storage with 250 Gb over the 25 Gb level?  My phone has 32 Gb of onboard memory and 128 Gb of micro SD card storage.  I'm wondering if storing as much as I can in the Cloud will free up memory and speed on my phone...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a 32 Gb phone with a 128 Gb micro SD card. Would I see any benefit from getting the 250 Gb cloud storage over the 25Gb?
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

HSpirit1

Thank you for clarifying your original question with regards to the additional Cloud storage options. Yes, your analogy is correct. Moving content on your device to external storage can have a direct affect on the performance of your smartphone. The more space on your device’s internal memory, the better it will perform. I hope we have addressed your wireless concerns.

In the meantime, is there anything else I can assist you with today?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have a 32 Gb phone with a 128 Gb micro SD card. Would I see any benefit from getting the 250 Gb cloud storage over the 25Gb?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HSpirit1,

We always want to make sure you’re able to utilize the storage you need to protect your precious data. Let’s drill down on some specifics to be able to better answer your concerns. Are you currently running out of storage space on the 128GB SD card? How much space do you have left on your Verizon Cloud currently? Can I ask what you mean by what is the benefit in getting the 250GB storage over the 25GB? Were you referring to the cost of the storage amount?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HSpirit1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My reference to "I'm wondering if storing as much as I can in the Cloud will free up memory and speed on my phone?" referred to the concept that computer hard drives slow down with more data stored on the hard drive memory.  Storing as much memory on removable drives rather than the computer speeds up performance.

That was my curiosity.  Thanks for your follow up!

HSpirit1

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

HSpirit1

Thank you for clarifying your original question with regards to the additional Cloud storage options. Yes, your analogy is correct. Moving content on your device to external storage can have a direct affect on the performance of your smartphone. The more space on your device’s internal memory, the better it will perform. I hope we have addressed your wireless concerns.

In the meantime, is there anything else I can assist you with today?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes